Minecraft Pocket Edition

Discussion in 'Android' started by SoundChaos, Nov 3, 2013.

1. SoundChaos

SoundChaos New Member

My first successful game install on my UDOO Quad! Android pocket edition works great, although incredibly difficult to control with just a mouse. Sound works great, FPS is consistent, seems to be about 30. Not as smooth as my iPhone, but to its credit, this is a 1080p monitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAbQL9p1nyA

I used an SD card reader and a SD card that had the APK for the game on it, it installed fine, no hiccups. Just used the new built in file manager.
    I also tried installing multiple versions of the google play store, but they all do the same thing, they just close themselves right after opening.
    The amazon app store downloaded directly from amazon worked great... Except it still has the issue where it doesn't see where it can download to, so you cant install anything.

(Android sees the external SD card as an SD card through USB, and It would not allow me to mount it as the main external storage for the device)

2. yankidank

yankidank New Member

I'm glad that you posted this, otherwise I wouldn't have realized that there was a new UDOO Android release with a built-in file manager. Hopefully in a few months they will partner with Google to provide their Play Store out of the box.

3. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Awesome!!! I will try it asap, thanks for the heads up!

4. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Just tried it yesterday after dinner. Awesome! It works very smoothly with my Quad version but, as SoundChaos said the mouse control is a pain in the a..