EEPROM arduino in Udoo

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by imouro, Nov 4, 2013.

1. imouro

imouro New Member

Hello my friends

when I programmed in arduino I use EEPROM to store dynamic values ​​after compiling the sketch.

I know if the library is not installed or there is another method otherwise.

Is it possible to store values ​​in the OS without using serial communications (in my case Linux)?

What if there EEPROM can be accessed from the OS values ​​GPIO style?

I think using serial communications if the above is not possible.

thank you very much

2. imouro

imouro New Member

nothing?

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Im sorry, i read it but im not sure i understand the question, i was hoping someone else would and reply.

Can you maybe re-word the problem and/or question for us?

4. imouro

imouro New Member

Thanks for you reply.

I refer to the microcontroller on the Arduino board has EEPROM: memory whose values are kept when the board is turned off (like a tiny hard drive).

I dont know if the microcontroller on the Arduino board in UDOO have this EEPROM.

If the EEPROM is enabled I wish if I can access the values ​​stored from within linux unused serial port communications.

For example I can see if the analog port is in mode IN or OUT from linux running a simple command :

cat /sys/class/gpio/gpioXX/direction

I am sorry by my english

5. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Some of us are looking into that (adding non-volatile memory) this very week (remember UDOO is brand new).

None is currently fitted to the board but physically there is the option to add it (and connect to it via SPI).

6. firehopper

firehopper Member

from what I know and understand, the due does not have this eeprom, supposedly there is a emulation or workaround for the due boards.. or just get a small spi eeprom and use that.

7. imouro

imouro New Member

Thanks firehopper and Lifeboat_Jim

Firehopper it is good idea use one small spi eeprom but I use serial communications port to store the values ​​and so I save pins to connect other shields.

I know that Uddo is young but I trust that with time and our ideas will be improving and enhancing our dear Udoo :D :D :D

Thanks!!!!!

8. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Do remember that there are alternatives to an EEPROM on the UDOO.

Many fellow Udoo'ers (if that is the correct collective noun) including myself will be plugging in an SSD via the SATA port.

However I'm sure there will be many (including myself again) adding SPI-NOR flash too.

9. arzej

arzej New Member

Hi,
    on the board is place for U13 SST25VF040B or similar flash but it is not connected to SAM3X8E only to iMX6Q.
    I soldered similar memory and it is seen by u-boot.
    WP line of U13 is connected to G25 line and has soldered R62 pulldown resistor , R51 pull up resistor is not soldered.
    You must set it to 1 if you want to write to it.