Last Kickstarter batch out the door!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mkopack, Oct 17, 2013.

1. scott_fx

scott_fx New Member

I dont mean to clutter this post up, but the 'contact us' link from my order email just links to the website. What are the expected arrival times for us in the higher end of the preorder. (namely: 100001662)

thanks

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

I don't think any of us here on the site has any real answer for you... We're all just going off of reports we've heard on the kickstarter comments section and posts by the Udoo staff to various threads. It looks like you're #1662 (mind you each order might potentially be for more than one unit). I'm sure you'll get it before the end of November though... I realize that's probably not what you want to hear, but that's just life. I was in the initial days' orders of Raspberry Pis when they launched and I still had to wait nearly 3 months for mine to arrive....

Look at it this way - while you guys are waiting, those of us who do have it are having to go through all the growing pains of figuring stuff out that you're going to get to take advantage of!

3. scott_fx

scott_fx New Member

I read that the creators frequent this forum. so i was reaching out to them. I'm not antsy about getting the board. I just wanted a general idea of when i'll be expecting it.

but thanks for your reply regardless

4. ecw98

ecw98 New Member

i'm Hong Kong kickstarter...
    it would be great to get an update for ASIA-backers (when they can expect their device)...

5. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

To the ones who didn't receive their UDOO yet:

Don't worry, we're handling the last batch, you should receive the package any moment now (just wait a couple of more days)! If you didn't, please don't hesitate to contact us or write here!

Sorry for the delay,

Cheers

6. lej

lej New Member

I've not yet received my quad. I got an invoice notice immediately after placing the order but so far no tracking number.
    A friend of mine ordered a dual a week after I ordered the quad. He received his dual last week.

waiting impatiently

7. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

the dual and quad boards are shipping at different rates, i think in general the duals are shipping sooner than the quads.
    You should hopefully get an update soon, but if not please make sure to post here so the UDOO team can check for you

8. andypugh

andypugh New Member

I am a patient sort of chap, but so far I have heard nothing.
    I was a Kickstarter Quad backer, in the UK.
    I was thinking that the Udoo would be a really nice fit for LinuxCNC.

9. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

That's not right, raise a support 'ticket' via the contact us to bring it to Team UDOOs attention directly.

10. andcmp

andcmp New Member

Dear andy, you didn't received your UDOO because you replied to the survey on November 1. This means you gave us your address too late so we were not able to send the board to you since all the Kickstarter batches were shipped from late September to mid-late October.

Don't worry, you're not alone in this! More than 50 backers have still to reply the survey and at the moment 35 backers replied after the deadline, like you did. You will receive what you paid for, but you have to wait for the pre-order batch to be ready, next week.

11. andypugh

andypugh New Member

A message today was the first I have ever heard of a "Backer Survey".
    I think that Kickstarter might have had a bounce from my email address, and then simply gave up on me :-(

Checking through my mail history, there is an email saying that I have until the 12th to check my address details from the survey, but it looks like I never got the survey to do.

They had my money. I rather think they should have not ignored the fact that they were not going to send me anything.

12. routerboy309

routerboy309 New Member

Hi -

At least you've heard about a survey. :)

Where is the link? I'd like to respond - even if that means I don't get anything...I'd like to respond to keep the UDOO board going (that is if it helps). I'm a newbe and need all the help I can get.

Can someone re-post the link?

Jim

13. mkopack

mkopack Member

the survey her] is replying to is somethign that Kickstarter uses/provides to be sent out to kickstarter project backers so they can respond with their shipping address. I signed up for the Udoo kickstarter back in March/april timeframe and the survey went out in the June timeframe.

14. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

I was a preorder not a backer, but from what I understand it's not a 'survey' in the normal sense of the word... it was just a 'please confirm your address' sort of exercise.

15. delba

Exactly, the KS survey allows us to collect all the backers address.
    If you think you might have missed a survey email, please log in to your Kickstarter account to check — you’ll see a yellow notification bar at the top of the site for any missed surveys. Once you complete a survey, you'll receive an email confirmation that includes a copy of your responses.

16. andypugh

andypugh New Member

I have still heard nothing about when I can expect my Kickstarter UDOO.

Will it just appear, or should I expect a tracking number first?

I am not at all happy with the way that Udoo have handled things.

17. delba

andypugh,

Did you fill the KS survey? Otherwise we cannot send you the board 'cause we don't know your informations. This is what KS declares (as i mentioned above):

"If you think you might have missed a survey email, please log in to your Kickstarter account to check — you’ll see a yellow notification bar at the top of the site for any missed surveys. Once you complete a survey, you'll receive an email confirmation that includes a copy of your responses."

If you already filled the survey please send us your backer name (if you don't want to paste it here open a ticket in our CustomerCare section: http://www.udoo.org/customer-care/)

Best Regards

18. andypugh

andypugh New Member

Same response as last time "You sent your survey back too late, we will send you a board next week".
    I am getting a bit fed up of these "next week"s.
    The way I see it, I bought a board. Kickstarter failed to tell me that I needed to fill out a survey (This is the same Kickstarter as already know my address and other details). Because of this the Udoo project folks decided to sell _my_ board to someone else. And have continued to fail to allocate me one out of the subsequent batches.
    The original Kickstarter boards all had a name on them, they should not have been randomly sold to other folk just because the original purchaser wasn't keeping an eagle eye on an easily overlooked section of the Kickstarter site.

This whole affair has left a very bad taste in my mouth.

19. delba

andypugh, we got your ticket (and replied already). Don't worry, your UDOO is on it's way.

Sorry again for the huge delay.

20. andypugh

andypugh New Member

Thanks, I just got the shipping notice :)
    It is just a pity that it is due to be delivered now, when I am away from home for a few weeks. My optimism about UPS ever managing to deliver to me is very limited. (I had to cancel an order with Apple as UPS only deliver during working hours, when I am at work... and their depot is 40 miles away)