TFT LCD Shield Touch Display Module For Arduino UNO

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by gheesung, Apr 17, 2017.

1. gheesung

gheesung New Member

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

It is not clear if it uses the SPI or I2C interface. When it uses the I2C you have a chance that you can make it work. Likely you have to do some rework on the library. I have not seen anybody who got a similar screen working on the Neo.

If it uses SPI then it will become a lot harder because the SPI library of the Neo is not compatible with the current Arduino library.

As an alternative you could use a cheap HDMI display that you can connect to the Linux side and display the data from the Arduino side on the Linux side using the serial decide /dev/ttyMCC.

3. gheesung

gheesung New Member

From the datasheet, it uses SPI.

4. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

Without you porting the arduino TFT libraries it won't work, some source code in the link you provided. You need allocate 13 gpio lines to the M4 to make it work as the interface is parallel not spi (which is used for the SD card). The arduino libraries take a simple bit bang approach so not too hard to write some code yourself.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  5. gheesung

gheesung New Member

Thanks for your reply.

I have ordered one and wait for the screen to arrive and test it out. This is new to me and will update the forum on my finding.

6. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

You may find it difficult to get touch working as it requires analog input pins.