keyboard issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Robbob, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Robbob

Robbob New Member

hello, my quad is booting fine both with ubuntu and android but, in both cases the keyboard is not fonctionnal. I have a microsaft Arc keyboard with the nano transceiver. The only thing working is the volume key wich isn't really usefull :roll: lol
    I know that android recognize the keyboard cause it lists it under input device with the right name and brand but i can't tell for ubuntu.

Any ideas? It needs drivers? never did on other machines i have with same setup.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

You may have already done this, but have you tried any other keyboards?

That is a standard RF keyboard, i have 2 mini RFS keyboards and i use one of them on my UDOO, but i have tried my other and both work without issue.
    RF Keyboards dont usually require drivers, like normal USB Keyboards. In fact to the PC they appear as normal usb keyboards.

3. Robbob

Robbob New Member

i just got a wired keyboard and it works the rf is still useless

i'll keep a trying...

4. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

well if it is working perfect on another regular PC im not sure.. in these cases the RF is a direct replacement of the cable. its a simpler alternative to BF and such because to the PC it just looks as a normal cabled USB device.. i doubt there are even drivers available let alone specifically needed.
    Additionally i havent seen any posts from other people about keyboard issues..

I personally prefer to remote (VNC/SSH) into my UDOO and let it run headless off to the side somewhere.
    I keep the small RF Keyboards to use on the occasion i actually have to be on the device