UDOO X86 M.2 Screw

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Eric Falsken, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Eric Falsken

Eric Falsken New Member

Since I didn't see any other threads on this yet, except in the KS comments, has anyone found a solution yet? Are replacement screws coming? It seems like nobody got screws for the SSD and that the screws for the Wifi card are incorrectly sized since it can come into contact with the antennae connector.

2. Kilrah

Kilrah Member

I got both screws and spacers with my KS.

3. Brad

Brad New Member

For the future, it's good to know what's provided with the SSD.

For the original poster, this isn't much help. If anyone has the screws, and they're not currently mounted, then please measure the diameter and length. Or take them to a home improvement store to find a match. [Since this board was designed in Italy, I'm going on the assumption that it's metric.] You could screw on multiple nuts to approximate the height of the metal sleeve.

4. Eric Falsken

Eric Falsken New Member

Can you take pics for me what screws came with it? Neither my Wifi Card nor the M.2 Card (from the Kickstarter Advanced Bundle) came with screws. There was a nut, screw, spacer, and 2 washers in with the acrylic case parts. These screws fit (kinda) for the wifi card.

5. dpdp

dpdp New Member

After I installed the board in the acrylic case with all black parts(screw, nut ...), I have some screw, nut, and spacers left with all colored silver.
    But I have no idea how to use these parts to install my M.2 card(wifi and ssd).
    Did anyone figure it out?

6. fabio978

fabio978 Member

The same for me. Didn't have any issue with the screws provided.

7. bodgyuk

bodgyuk New Member

For the WiFi card, the outer of the antenna connector is at ground potential as is the mounting screw and nut, so this will not be a problem.

The screw should be an M2 (2mm) and currently I'm guestimating between 6 and 8mm in length.

It won't be cost effect from a postage point fo view for UDOO to send out the missing screws/nuts I wouldn't have thought. I too didn't get a screw or spacer for the SSD card, but did get one for the WiFi board.

Alexander Chang likes this.
  8. bodgyuk

bodgyuk New Member

Assuming you got two of everything with the silver fasteners, this is what I did.

Insert a washer over one of the screws (the shortest one if they sent two different lengths) thread it through the whole that corresponds to where the mounting hole for the WiFi card will be (the lower connector), place a washer on top of the spacer, insert the WiFi card and then, with the rest of the screw protruding through the hole on the WiFi board, place a nut over the screw and gently tighten. Repeat for the SSD drive, though the screw will need to be longer, so if UDOO sent the same length screws, you'll need to buy an M2 * 6-8mm screw.

9. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Whether it is cost effective or not is irrelevant - UDOO must send any missing pieces (or at least offer proper compensation, e.g. give enough money for customers to buy missing pieces themselves).

10. bodgyuk

bodgyuk New Member

I can buy a pack of 4 x M2 * 8mm for AUS $1.50 hardly a large outlay, whilst I appreciate your point that the screws should have been sent, for UDOO to send out 1 or two screws to everyone who was short changed may not be practical.

Certainly just sending them by mail would be cheaper than using a courier, but then there is the possibility of them getting lost in the post, and for some people even additional government charges.

11. Alexander Chang

Alexander Chang New Member

I've sent a mail to UDOO team for this 2 days ago.
    But yesterday, when I tried to install the case, I inspected all screws, nuts and spacers, I found some silver ones which haven't been shown in demo videos. Furthermore, 2 small parts needed for the case are just those 2 I used to fix the wifi module as taught by the video.
    I'll suggest UDOO team to release a new video about mounting everything with EXACTLY WHAT WE REALLY GOT in the package.

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

12. Guiz

Guiz New Member

Hi there,
    I received mine yesterday and one screw is also missing :'(

To be able to use the wifi module and the SSD, I choose to have one screw missing for the acrylic case.

Did you receive any answer from UDOO ?

13. Alexander Chang

Alexander Chang New Member

They said they will ship the missing part after bank holidays which ends on May 1st.

As I mentioned in other post that I noticed some silver screws, nuts and spacers which are nowhere shown in the demo videos. So my worry is, do they really know what are shipped to backers and how many are missing?

從我的iPhone使用Tapatalk 發送

14. Eckmar

Eckmar New Member

I'm missing the same screws for WIFI and SSD. Please send it to me, because otherwise the boards are not fixed correctly.

15. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

You have to contact the customer care at http://www.udoo.org/customer-care/open.php if you miss something.

16. Kenneth Coley

Kenneth Coley New Member

I got all the same parts in the bag with the screws standoffs and other parts for the plastic case.

My issue is that the screw for the WiFi board makes contact with the SSD board. Anyone else
    have this issue? I would like to replace the current setup with something a little more professional.

17. Eric Falsken

Eric Falsken New Member

Udoo just published an update, specifically mentioning missing screws. Let's see what they ship as a replacement. If you haven't yet, anyone else with screw issues should send an email or file a support case. http://www.udoo.org/customer-care/

18. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

Just read the update. I guess the fact there should have been 2 antenna included with Performance Kits explains why there has been confusion about which connector the one they supplied attaches to. Does anyone know whether we will need to raise a support ticket to get the second antenna or whether they will be sent out automatically?

Last edited: May 3, 2017