[Windows 10] Sleep doesn't work

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by fabio978, May 2, 2017.

1. fabio978

fabio978 Member

Hello all,
    i was playing with my x86 during this weekend, and i found out i cannot put it on sleep.

When i select "sleep" from Windows menu or using a physical button i connected to the header pin, Windows goes to standby, the led become amber for 1 second maybe and then it wakes up immediately.

Anyone noticed the same?

2. FirstGenGeek

FirstGenGeek Member

You should check the "Power Management" settings for the Ethernet and Wi-Fi adapters in Device Manager to see if "Allow this device to wake the computer" is on. Uncheck the function if it is on, and see if that helps.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  3. diglo

diglo New Member

I think that is related to the Arduino.
    If the BIOS is configured to have Curie power management: Wake only/Enabled, then it's likely your system will never go to sleep.
    This happens because the system wakes up whenever the IO9 of arduino goes LOW.

Try to set Curie power management: Disabled in the BIOS and let us know.

diglo

4. FirstGenGeek

FirstGenGeek Member

I think it will depend on each user's needs for the UDOO X86, since both sides of the board are capable of turning Sleep and Shutdown options on or off. It looks like this is going to be an ongoing debate when you have two CPU's and operating systems running on the same power source.

5. fabio978

fabio978 Member

Thanks for your suggestions. I will also check in the event viewer which is the wakeup reasons (had to "fight" with this in the paste, though this seems a bit different because it wakes up immediately after going to sleep)