MiniDP settings - no video

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by jantjo, May 6, 2017.

1. jantjo

jantjo New Member

Hey there, just wondering if there are any pre-requirements to use the mini-dp connections? I'm able to boot the system with HDMI only connected. but once I plug in the mini-dp its blank. i've tried booting with just a single min-dp connection and two mini-dp. tried different monitors and TV's. im not to sure how to troubleshoot this as I didint see anything obvious in the bios about it. is there a setting or power requirement to run the mini-dp?

2. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

3. jantjo

jantjo New Member

I've checked the bios and they are both enabled. I'll read through the manual to see if there are any associated settings. im working on the assumption that the minidp to hdmi cables work, there active for should be dp++ but I dont realy have another source to test.

the other odd thing is if I have the hdmi and minidp connected neither display is active. when I disconnect the minidp then the system boots and hdmi is active.

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  4. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

Can you connect an HDMI (e.g. a TV) and a DP monitor? If you then boot into your OS you might see if it detects two screens or a single one.

5. wsian

wsian New Member

If you connect both hdmi and mini dp to a same monitor, the default is always hdmi. If you use mini dp as the main monitor but the hdmi is plug in (without connecting to a monitor or monitor is power off), you will notice a blank screen with mini dp because it is put into sleep mode. In this case, just unplug the hdmi from the board.