Can UDOO X86's HDMI port also output audio along with the video?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by allwet, May 10, 2017.

1. allwet

allwet New Member

Given that HDMI ports do support digital video and audio (ie - your blue ray disk player output), can we somehow configure the audio side of the HTML to be passed along with the video when we connect the HDMI port to an entertainment center? I am running Ubuntu 16.04.2 and would like to try this if possible.

My entertainment center has multiple HDMI inputs on my BOSE surround sound system. It only requires an HDMI cable from the blue ray player to provide video and audio, so I would expect to somehow reproduce that capability from the UDOO using one of the BOSE spare ports.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

2. Alexander Chang

Alexander Chang New Member

It worked just that way smoothly in Win10 and Ubuntu 16.04 with HDMI connected to my UDOO X86. By the way, in Win10, the system initially sent audio to internal PC speaker which you'll have to change manually. In ubuntu, it just worked without further setting in my case.

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  3. allwet

allwet New Member

Thanks. Got it to work playing a UTUBE video after changing the audio settings to HDMI. Now I need to get a miniDP to HDMI cable to try it on the entertainment center.

Alexander Chang likes this.