Maybe a silly question ... would it be feasible to place board in standby /wake up via arduino

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by John Kattenhorn, May 13, 2017.

1. John Kattenhorn

John Kattenhorn New Member

Hi,

My Ultra arrived today and its installed Windows 10 with no problems. I'm thinking out loud and never done any Arduino development but would it be feasible to put the board into standby and wake it up via the Arduino interface ?

I was wondering if I could use an Particle Electron to control the state of the board.

Is there any experts out there who could point me in the right direction ? I've written drivers before to do this via the USB interface using Human Device interface but that's the limit of my knowledge pretty much :)

2. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

3. John Kattenhorn

Thanks @Maurice , I just started going through the documentation and found this which suggests the same:

upload_2017-5-13_19-42-37.png

Thanks for the link, I'm going to study it now - lots to learn but it's cool stuff. I'll report back my findings here.

4. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

There is an option in the bios for enabling waking the board from the Curie. If you're having trouble getting this to work, make sure this bios option is enabled.

5. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Currently this is not possible as UDOO has firmware bug which shuts down Arduino when UDOO goes into standby or other powersaving modes. UDOO team is working on releasing fixed firmware version.

6. John Kattenhorn

OK, no I'm confused :) I put a circuit together as per the document and it did *seem* to work albeit not reliably e.g. it wouldn't always go into standby and then again it wouldn't restart all the time either.

The problem is that I got some video it of it working occasionally but the update from @Markus Laire suggest this isn't possible so I'm not sure whats going on.

@Markus Laire - Is there somewhere else I can read about the bug, is it being bug tracked somewhere ? We were hoping to use this board for a client project we have ongoing at the moment.

All the best

7. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

See this picture
    https://www.udoo.org/forum/attachments/marvell_side1-jpg.700/

I use a Molex connector to bring out top-row of the 2x3 pin CN16 (ICSP) SPI connector.
    In my picture, brown wire goes thru a 2Kohm resistor to a LED and the orange wire connects to the other lead of the LED. (ignore the yellow and red wires)
    It is for me to verify if Arduino 101 is powered or not.

P.S. current PC firmware/STM32 code is when Braswell is down or sleep, Arduino 101's power is cut off as well.

ccs_hello

John Kattenhorn likes this.
  8. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Markus Laire likes this.
  9. John Kattenhorn