U-Boot source code

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ags131, Oct 29, 2013.

1. ags131

ags131 New Member

I've noticed that the uboot sources have disappeared from github, is there anywhere I can download these? If not, please provide a copy, I'm interested in some changes to uboot that could make direct SATA booting very possible in the future.

2. OmegaDoom

OmegaDoom New Member

For the moment the u-boot is released in binary format only.

3. bwautosport

bwautosport New Member

When the source is released, will it be based on one of the more recent U-boot releases?

The next Freescale i.MX6 release will be based on kernel 3.10.9 and provided U-boot 2013.04 - just curious as it would be nice to hack & whack on the source.

4. voltagex

voltagex New Member

Such an old kernel, sigh.

At a guess, we can try building binaries from various tags at https://github.com/Freescale/u-boot-imx

In theory, we shouldn't be able to brick these devices via u-boot as it's loaded from SD, right?

5. ags131

ags131 New Member

@OmegaDoom Yes I know they are currently only in binary form, they did have the sources on GitHub up until a couple weeks ago, also, since it it licensed under GPL, they are supposed to provide source upon request upon request or provide a way to download it.

6. casperleenheer

casperleenheer New Member

I have an issue with my hdmi. It doesn't work with my tv. I want to change the kernel command to 1920x1080M@50 (PAL). How can I do this?

7. trunet

trunet New Member

I have a guess. I analyzed their "Kernel_Unico" source code and I can say their "SECO" patches are horrible. I suppose that u-boot is at the same level. Also my guess is that they focused on hardware design and delivery rather than software and it just works even with this terrible work.

UDOO should get sabre board files(or nitrogen6x) and port their code to udoo making little or no changes as these boards are update by freescale.

I'm doing exactly that by myself. I got latest available kernel from freescale and I'm trying to build udoo board file based on sabresd-mx6dq board.

Main goal is latest ubuntu-core compiled with hard float(armhf) with hardware accelerated video.

8. tibmeister

tibmeister New Member

Looks like we have the same goal, do you want to compare notes and see if we can get something going?

9. trunet

trunet New Member

I sincerely have no time. I just wanted to have it working because some stuff I'm working depends on performance and this was a breaker. I can help depending on time.

10. whitakeshriram

whitakeshriram UDOOer

they are supposed to provide Speed Test source upon request upon request or provide a way to download it.