Release date and preorder options

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Kledder, Jun 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kledder

Kledder New Member

Is there a release date known for the UDOO x86?

Also, I can't seem preorder it right now. When will I have the option to preorder it?

2. Andrea Rovai

Andrea Rovai Well-Known Member

Hi Kledder,
    at the moment you cannot preorder it yet, but you can sign up to the preorder at this address: www.udoo.org/pre-order-udoo-x86/
    We will process Kickstarter orders first, then we will process preorders, then we'll put the board on sale in our shop.
    The board is supposed to be available for preorders in a matter of a few weeks.

3. Kledder

Kledder New Member

Thanks for the info. Do you know when the actual releate will be?

4. Andrea Rovai

The actual release will be after we've shipped to all Kickstarter backers and all preorders. Next year, hopefully by the end of this year in case we get things going fast enough :)

5. Chad

Chad New Member

So were far into may now.....

Any official release date yet?

6. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

@Andrea Rovai, part of customer satisfaction is timely feedback to customers. Especially if they have ordered something a long time ago and are eager to receive it but the date keeps shifting. I know you are doing your best, but running a company has an inside and an outside facing aspect, The last part is really something you should improve.

MicroStrand likes this.
  7. Triodefreak

Triodefreak Active Member

I agree wholeheartedly. But I think a big step has been taken when they hired Laura.

8. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

On the plus side making you wait and if you haven't pre-ordered is that you may have more choice for a x86 sbc. The 'up squared' (Apollo Lake, so h265 10bit should be possible + x2 ethernet) is scheduled for July availability. The hardkernel team are also planning an x86 board for later this year.

9. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

I have expressed my hope for that to happen, but haven't seen it materialized up until now.

10. Triodefreak

Triodefreak Active Member

True. Probably got tasked to set up structures etc..or training.... To us forum dwellers 't was better before she joined Udoo's ranks. Hopefully she'll be back here.

11. Chad

Chad New Member

So what's the official release date again?

12. mkopack

mkopack Member

Don't know that there has been one, but should be any time now. They should be done (or darn close) to finishing sending out all the KS orders. There's certainly been a lot less "Just got my board" posts to the KS discussion, and less complaining of "Where's my board"? They do need to make some correction shipments (cases where they sent out the wrong board, or missing mounting hardware, or missing antennas). So they might be trying to do those corrections first before the preorders, but don't know that for sure. Possibly they'll do those at the same time as the preorders.

13. Laura

Laura UDOOer

I miss being an active part of the community here! Will be back soon!

I'm currently writing an update for the UDOO X86 Kickstarter project that will be published this week. All rewards have been sent out, so if anyone has not received their reward, please open a ticket - https://www.udoo.org/customer-care/open.php

As per our previous project update, a batch of kits were sent out without screws and/or a second antenna for the WiFi module. We are aware of every backer who was sent a kit from that batch, so there is no need to contact us about this. Those items are being sent by letter post.

Pre-orders for boards and accessories are being processed now, with an expected completion date of the end of this month, 31st May.

Maurice and Toley like this.
  14. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

That's great to hear. Do you know if there are plans for updating the CPU and/or other aspects of the board as intel releases their updates chips on a yearly basis? Or will we be seeing another kickstarter campaign when the updated chips hit the market?

15. Andrea Rovai

@Maurice
    Actually I haven't done anything for UDOO since I quit on May 4.
    I don't have info anymore on the shippings of UDOO X86, but I guess they should be almost finished if not finished by now.