Delivery time scale

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by G3WGV, May 22, 2017.

1. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

The fan will only turn on when needed. You can adjust this in the BIOS. The lowest temp that you can set for the fan to turn on is 55* C. I think the default is around 85* (can't remember exactly off the top of my head).

2. samholton

samholton New Member

I received notification from UPS that a package is being sent to me (I'm signed up with UPS to get notifications of packages) but nothing from Udoo yet. I pre-ordered on Jan 23, 2017 so it looks like they are continuing to ship pre-orders. Yay!

3. dominique

dominique Member

I dunno, I've complained numerous times. I get delays happen, but damn. Still haven't received my board nor any notification of it shipping.

4. dominique

dominique Member

To play devils advocate here, censoring users content just because it goes against the gain isn't very cool. Forums are supposed to be platforms where people can post anything they want as long as its relevant to the topic of discussion. -My 2 cents

MicroStrand likes this.
  5. donmiller

donmiller New Member

No, that wouldn't be cool -- but standards for polite conversation in a given forum are certainly within bounds. Basically, Microstrand joined the forums about 2 weeks ago and has done nothing but bitch and moan since. Has his input been constructive to the community? I think not. Has he been fair to Udoo? IMHO, I think not --- and I will explain... (If I were the admin, I would have kicked him off just for his avatar, or at least made him change it)

UDOO started their Kickstarter with an estimated ship date to backers of November 2016. Actual shipments started in March. So, there was a four month slip there. Now what was happening on the Udoo side? Well, an issue was found in the power supply section that required replacing some FETs with parts that had a different footprint. This fix was identified in January, and it necessitated a PCB board spin. I would imagine that single issue burnt up 6-8 weeks on its own. What else? Oh... their kickstarter campaign netted 800K out of a target 100K. This means that they were on the hook to deliver EIGHT TIMES more product than anticipated. The associated longer ramp-up time would have also impacted their delivery to backers.

Very likely, if the demand was higher than expected from backers, the demand from pre-orders was very likely higher than expected also. These folks are victims of their own success. I think if that if they satisfy the pre-orders they have received as of June 1 by the end of June --- they are doing pretty good.

6. dominique

dominique Member

Hmmm, you do bring up some excellent points. However banning him just because he is pissed isn't the answer.

Regardless, since making my initial post I received word that my unit will arrive today! Super freaking stoked.

MicroStrand likes this.
  7. donmiller

donmiller New Member

Not aware that he was being threatened with a ban. Well! Good luck with your card. I ordered mine in April -- which was pretty late -- so no word yet for me.

8. samholton

samholton New Member

I haven't received word from Udoo about shipment but UPS shows an expected delivery for me tomorrow (pre ordered in late Jan 2017). So its possible its on its way but no shipping notification.

9. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

I believe it is UPS who sends out notifications, not UDOO.

10. samholton

samholton New Member

Oh, ok. I'm signed up with UPS to get notifications whenever any package is coming to me so I just assumed it was that notification, not a specific Udoo one.

11. dominique

dominique Member

Is the Udoo coming from Italy? Shows that my package originated in Italy. I do not have any other package coming to me so I assumed it was Udoo.

12. x1800MODMY360x

x1800MODMY360x Member

Yep, does it say "PSM SRL" for package details. That what it said from me btw.

13. dominique

dominique Member

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. It does say that.

14. nadrimajstor

nadrimajstor New Member

For what it's worth:
    I'm an early kickstarter backer and I had not received the reward. However, this is not the actual issue I have.
    As instructed in latest kickstarter update I've opened the support ticket and after 8 working days I haven't had any answer whatsoever. I understand that support team might be swamped with request. Nevertheless, answer like: "We are sorry, our team is currently being overwhelmed by the amount of work. Our current response time is X days." is perfectly acceptable and by far better than complete silence. ;)

15. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

I agree, customer service is very slow, up to a point that time must be moving backwards in order to simulate a forward movement.

16. dominique

dominique Member

Yes that drove me insane too. I understand they were overwhelmed and all but some constant communication would have been nice/appreciated.

17. nadrimajstor

nadrimajstor New Member

Good support isn't a born trait. I had to learn this escalate-quickly-and-keep-parties-in-the-loop (It is a bit counter intuitive and sometimes clashes with cultural norms).
    Escalate in the sense of acknowledge your inability and communicate so others could help. Not in the sense of our fellow forum member as resort to insults and nonconstructive remarks.

18. samholton

samholton New Member

Just received my pre-order from late Jan 2017

19. Christophe

Christophe New Member

I pre-ordered on December 25th. To this minute I have not received my order or even any shipping notice nor tracking number from UDOO or UPS. I understand some people who placed pre-orders in late January already received their order.

I emailed UDOO support regarding this, it took them over TWO WEEKS to get back to me with a "by the time you receive this reply to your inquiry you should have received the board already or will in the next few days", the reply did not come with a tracking number. Now it is a "next few days later" and still nothing, my order is still in the "processing" state in my account summary. I reopened the ticket asking "UDOO Team" to check what the hell is going on, not reply yet, but it has only been 3 days ...

I am sorry to say that truly this is hardly acceptable.

So Laura, if you are reading this please check on order #300004201 and get back to me with some concrete information please.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  20. Alexander

Alexander New Member

Same story here. Have pre-ordered on November 4th. Have tried to contact UDOO via e-mail and contact from, but have not received any reply.
    Have opened ticket asking why some people claim that have already received noticed while they have placed the order in late November. After 2 days the ticket was replied saying that my order is in queue, without any explanation, why I am back in queue towards the ones that have ordered later.