Delivery time scale

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by G3WGV, May 22, 2017.

1. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Perhaps Udoo is dispatching Pre-ordered boards on Board-type order and then orderdate. I can assume they produce boards in type batches. Just trying to declare the difference in delivery schedule. so do not shoot on me :)

The Udoo team in general could be more informative about deliveries. This would prevent a negative athmosphere that is building up here on the forum. The announcement on the webshop that they will open the Udoo X86 shop in the next days is also standing there for two weeks now......

2. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

Does UDOO still exist?

3. SteveD

SteveD Member

That's a fair assessment, assuming they didn't change their production lineup, advanced orders would have been built up first, before switching to another tier. Something to keep in mind also is during the KS campaign, kits were sent out separately from board only.

The one overwhelming feeling I've gotten from the x86 launch is over-optimistic in timing. If it takes 1 hour to build something, and you say it will take 1 hour, you didn't account for collecting equipment, prep, double measurements, going slow to do it right, unforeseen obstacles, unexpected interruptions, etc, and this is where the udoo team has failed, and suffered the most.

Related note, the silence is inexcusable, someone a few hours a day could at least respond to the queries piling up and return a simple (if not helpful) repsonse

4. Christophe

Christophe New Member

I think that when interpreting this information your brain got fooled by the fact that it is written in English. The information was then inadvertently routed to the "Anglo-saxon" part of your brain who is accustomed to a high level of service, trust and "squareness" where in fact this has been translated from Italian and therefore should have been directed to the "Latin" processing part of your brain, where a "few days" actually means one to two months :p

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    krys, hseldon, Maurice and 2 others like this.
  5. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

I just received a ups notification for a delivery later this week. Looks like they're moving quickly with the pre-orders.

6. sk7411

sk7411 New Member

T
    That's great to hear, however could you share the month or date you preordered . That would help us guess their progress .

7. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

I had already mentioned this earlier in this thread, but I placed my pre-order sometime in May.

sk7411 likes this.
  8. sk7411

sk7411 New Member

I didn't see it sorry , never mind i did an ultra around that time , i hope they are close to summing it up for preorder.

9. Christophe

Christophe New Member

Good for you!
    I placed mine in December and still no board and no shipping notification, no reply to support ticket from 5 days ago either...
    Thank you so much UDOO Team !

10. sk7411

sk7411 New Member

Was it an ultra ?

11. Christophe

Christophe New Member

It was an Advanced Plus

12. sk7411

sk7411 New Member

Ummm ok! As per the members here , shipping status page doesn't change and all you get is a message from UPS regarding the shipping .

Don't lose hope man

13. samholton

samholton New Member

Just to confirm your data point. I pre-ordered an Advanced Plus on Jan 23, 2017 and received my board last week (United States)

Christophe and sk7411 like this.
  14. ImLagging

ImLagging Member

I had ordered 2 ultras and a few accessories. Not sure what they're shipping and when, but maybe this helps.

sk7411 likes this.
  15. Christophe

Christophe New Member

Thanks for the info, and I am glad you received your board.
    I ordered the exact same board at the end of December and I am in France, so logically I should have received it before you.
    It seems some people did receive two shipping notices thus two boards in two packages within a few days interval although they did order only one board....Maybe they sent my package to someone else? Also I ordered the case, fan, sata cable and the board, maybe the accessories are slowing down my order? What the hell, that's a lot of maybes that UDOO should be able to answer instead of playing dead, I am starting to be quite annoyed by this situation....

Laura, are you still alive? Can you please do something? order #300004201....Tracking number please....Thank you!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  16. Laura

Laura UDOOer

@Christophe Orders that included a EU power supply were placed on a temporary hold, this is because we depleted the stock of this item and the replenishment order we placed a few weeks ago has been delayed by our supplier. Any further delay in shipping was not acceptable, especially as we would like all our supporters to be able to enjoy their boards, therefore we made the decision to include a US power supply, along with a US to EU adapter. The affected orders are now being sent.

17. Hostabs

Hostabs New Member

Wow.. I just saw this answer and had to make an account. I pre-ordered an advanced plus with WiFi module and sata cable back in early August 2016, I understand that orders in the US and Europe may not be processed the same way but still, I ordered the same board as others a few months before them and they already received their boards :s How is it possible ? Same as above I'm in France that's as close as you can get from Italy as a country^^ (if you're shipping from there)

Again I understand that orders may be processed in a certain way to optimize shipping and production but it's really difficult to get some news about the pre-orders and where we are in the orders, the % shipped or something ? Just a few words to keep us up to date :) I don't want to be one of those spamming with support tickets.

Order #300003777

Keep up the good work Udoo Team and thanks for your time !

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  18. Laura

Laura UDOOer

@Hostabs Firstly, thank you for joining the community!
    I'm unable to check individual orders, but will seek out an update now on the status of the remaining pre-orders.

waltervl likes this.
  19. Christophe

Christophe New Member

@Laura Glad to hear from you! Thank you for your post. Some information on the actual situation really go a long way!
    Knowing the reason why of things alleviates worries on the customer's side :)

Since you mentioned shipping has resumed for orders with EU PSUs I am crossing my fingers and hope to receive a tracking number sometime soon as we are waiting for the board to complete a project. We were first told at the end of April (after the initial production delays) that our order would ship week 20 (May 15-May 21) seeing nothing coming we inquired again at the end of May and were told to expect the order first or second week of June. ...Now we just hope we will have it before the end of June ;)

20. tojo2503

tojo2503 New Member

Hey,
    my pre-order from Ende of january (advanced plus to Germany) has not arrived yet. So after all it seems like Udoo was shipping in batches and EU orders were on hold because of the plug.
    Let's see when it finally arrives, looking forward to it.