Is there an HDMI driver for the Sound?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Flint, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Flint

Flint New Member

A friend, who also was part of the kickstarter, mentioned that the HDMI sound wasn't coming through the HDMI. We are both running Linux Mint, so we checked the sound settings, and initially it was set up for HDMI sound, but when I looked at the Devices, it only showed the Built-in Audio Speakers. I clicked on it and have not been able to return. I'm sure its just a driver issue, but where is the driver we should be using to get HDMI sound?

2. Jon West

Jon West New Member

What's the latest kernel revision available for Linux Mint?

3. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear Flint, I have successfully activated HDMI output for the sound in Udoox86 Ultra either in Debian 9 Stretch and Ubuntu 17.04. Now the sound is transimtted to the monitor TV using HDMI cable.

4. JCSelector

JCSelector UDOOer

Do you have any tips on how you got it to work ?

5. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Dear JCSelector,

In Debian 9.01. Stretch xfce4 yoy can install a Pulse Audio panel plugin connected to pavucontrol, i.e. Audio Mixer. If you click on audio icon on the xfce4 tray you will see the audio mixer menu. When you enter into the audio mixer menu you will have a configuration system with very menu items. You have to click on the last menu item called "Configuration" (Configurazione in italiano). In the profilo you will have all the HDMI input available. When you will connect more than 1 monitor, you will have consequently, if available in the monitors, also the audio HMI input numbered as 1, 2, etc.

InUbuntu 17.04 you have to identify the volume icon in the system tray and click it.
    In the menu offered the icons related to the HDMI audio connection available will be immediately visible on the left .

6. JCSelector

JCSelector UDOOer

I'm using jack audio . Thanks for the info, I may end up changing distros (I hear that's what happens a lot when starting with Linux) ;~)

7. stecolumna

stecolumna UDOOer

Also in Slackware xfce4 you can add the Pulse audio applet and after the settings are the same as above descripted.

Good luck !

JCSelector likes this.