RTOS for UDOO quad

Discussion in 'UDOO QUAD' started by Mohamed_Atref, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Mohamed_Atref

Mohamed_Atref New Member

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a good RTOS that can be used with UDOO quad. Has anyone tried one and found it good? It's highly recommended if the RTOS is free and highly appreciated if you support any link for the RTOS you recommend, its installation or any projects made using it.

Thanks in advance.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Not that I can advise you personally but you have to indicate on what processor of the Udoo Quad you want to run the RTOS as the Udoo Quad has 2:
    • NXP® i.MX6Quad, 2\4 x ARM® Cortex™-A9 core @ 1GHz with ARMv7A instruction set
    • Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU (same as Arduino Due)
    Perhaps RIOT seems to be interesting as it notes Udoo board (Cortex M3) as supported: http://www.riot-os.org/#usage

3. Mohamed_Atref

Mohamed_Atref New Member

Thanks for your reply and sorry for forgetting that. I want to run it on Udoo Quad using NXP® i.MX6Quad, 4 x ARM® Cortex™-A9 core @ 1GHz with ARMv7A instruction set

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

That is a little bit strange given the fact that the Udoo Quad CPU Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU (same as Arduino Due) is designed to do RTOS stuff.....

5. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

One option would be to get the Linux Real Time patches applied to the kernel, see this link.

Mohamed_Atref likes this.