Linux Graphic Glitches when using both Display Ports

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by CoreyHilde, Jun 12, 2017.

1. CoreyHilde

CoreyHilde New Member

I have installed Ubuntu 16.04LTS, 17.04, and even Kali. I have two displays connected via display port. Both displays work fine during OS install, and during login. Once the desktop appears, I get trailing cursors and minor graphical glitches around the cursor.

If I use HDMI and 1 DP, no glitches.
    I installed Windows 10, no glitches.

To me, it seems like a driver issue. Can anyone else validate this issue and propose a solution?

Thank you!
    Corey

qubex likes this.
  2. qubex

qubex New Member

I am experiencing the same issue. I experienced it using Unity on Ubuntu 17.04 and now also under Gnome on Ubuntu 17.10 (development branch).

Any news? Did you manage to find a work-around?

3. CoreyHilde

CoreyHilde New Member

I have not yet found a work around for Ubuntu. I have tried installing the Intel graphics drivers, I have messed with the advance display settings, disabled all Compiz effects, etc. Still could not get rid of the trailing cursors.

I am currently using Debian with MATE windows manager at the moment with no graphical glitches. I would like to come back to Ubuntu when I have more time to try to figure out a fix.

4. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

My experience with UDOO monitor S/W is poor when used with various displays. (UDOO Quad machine)

Markus Laire likes this.
  5. qubex

qubex New Member

This isn't quite a fix, but it is a workaround: I've discovered that using Unity on Wayland on Ubuntu 17.10 solves the problem.

Whether that is useful for you or not is somewhat impossible for me to discern.