EMMC drive not recognized by Centos7

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by jpomeroy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. jpomeroy

jpomeroy New Member

Just received my 2nd udoo_x86, this time an ultra. Tried installing Centos 7 but the EMMC drive isn't recognized.
    • How can I verify the EMMC drive is functional on the board without an OS installed?
    I checked the BIOS settings, EMMC support is enabled and was originally ACPI, changed to PCI had no impact so I set it back to the original value.

Thanks!

2. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

You could boot from e.g. Ubuntu or Debian Live CD. For example GParted should list eMMC in available devices as /dev/mmcblk0 (in Debian, name could be different for other OS).

emmc.png

3. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

4. jpomeroy

jpomeroy New Member

Thank you both for your responses.
    My original Advanced x86 box is running Centos 7 but I installed to the SSD and have performed several upgrades since. Thinking back I don't recall seeing the EMMC drive as an option from that install. Will update this thread over the weekend.

5. Robert Pearson

Robert Pearson Member

Do a "ls -al /dev/mmc*" and I would expect that you would see it there... Mine shows up in Ubuntu. I had to disable it in BIOS to install windows, after Ubuntu, so maybe check there to see if it is disabled if the ls doesnt show it...

Robert