Trick: How to connect 2 memory sticks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nayma, Nov 12, 2013.

1. nayma

nayma Member

Easy way to connect a memory stick? Yes, there are only 2 usb connectors.

I know it is stupid, but I use a Mac keyboard and it has 2 usb connectors in the sides, so I can connect 2 memory sticks with out having to connect anything.
    Works perfect.

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

the Mac keyboard just includes an unpowered USB hub like other keyboards like the Logitech G series.
    The trick per say here, is really just that you can use a USB hub to connect whatever you want.

You can go and buy 4 powered 7 port USB hubs, daisy chain them and connect lots of USB thumb drives, BT modules, WiFi, cell moems, or BTC Erupters for that matter :)

The other thing which the people making cases should talk into mind is that the UDOO has a USB pin out connector that allows you to connect a USB port to the external side of a case with something like you see done with many PC Case makers. I swear Adafruit had the module to do it, but i cant find it now.

3. nayma

nayma Member

Hi Draco,
    this was an easy one. I have used the UDOO at school, and I wanted to connect a pendrive.

I printed already my case. It's dificoult to get it out now. It's to tight. :)
    Now i'm trying to install cura from ultimaker soft, but it seems to crash.