Reset bios jumper or pins

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Jetguy, Mar 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. xkc890711

xkc890711 New Member

Hey guys, i still couldn't make it work on my UDOO after I purchase some parts needed.

Combinations of below first 2 trials are boot-able on my spare PC which allow me to input DOS command but yet, neither of them works on my UDOO.

Trial 1: Boot-able drive is created (Samsung SATA + USB adapter) --> connecting with UDOO via SATA data & Power cable
    Result: BOOTMGR is missing

Trial 2: Boot-able drive is created (Transcend M.2 SATA + USB adapter) --> connecting with UDOO via M.2 SATA socket
    Result: BOOTMGR is missing

It looks like that the my UDOO board somehow doesn't boot my drives in a prioritised sequence. I do believe they should work but they don't.

I am confused now.

2. Lord Arach

Lord Arach New Member

Does anyone have a lead on a driver for the 128gb Transcend M.2 SSD for a Windows 7 install? Transcend doesn't have them on their site.

3. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Transcend indicates that their TS128GMTS600 is compatible with Windows 7 on this page. Windows should see it as a SATA drive, and automatically install the correct driver.

What leads you to believe that an OEM driver is required?

4. Lord Arach

Lord Arach New Member

There's no doubt it's compatible with Windows 7. However, that is for an existing install. The Windows installer stops when it reaches the drive to choose and wants a driver. I can find drivers for all other manner of M.2 SSD's, just not this one. I may just have to plug another drive in for install and clone it onto the M.2 though. :/

5. Lord Arach

Lord Arach New Member

Nevermind. It only gave me the driver rror a couple of times. After enough reboots, I was able to get into diskpart and set it all up.

6. Mike Martin

Mike Martin New Member

I am reviving this old thread just to add some additional instructions about re-flashing the uefi bios from sdcard - at least for BIOS 1.02.

Having removed my booting sdd and inserting a bootable sd card, the Udoo x86 would simply load into the efi shell - without working USB ports, this was no good for me.
    Re-inserting the sdd still led simply to ending up in the efi shell.
    Eventually, I got round the problem by first removing the backup battery briefly to clear the volatile NVRAM for efi. This allowed booting on the sdcard. HOWEVER, it only allowed such a boot once - if I restarted the system with a booting sdcard, the system message would come up 'No bootable device'. Once I cleared the NVRAM again, the sdcard would boot.

After this, I was able to attach a live cd usb to repair the grub efi on my sdd and get back in the arch linux system I am using.

rotorbudd likes this.
  7. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

Strange - that should not work. "NVRAM" refers to NON-volatile RAM and it should not be affected by battery removal. (This is one of the features I hate in UEFI - no easy way to reset settings.)

8. Mike Martin

Mike Martin New Member

Well, yes, you have a point! But I guess once the RTC gets set back to day one, the system is programmed to scan the drives rather than rely on the settings in NVRAM.
    When I informed customer support about this feature, they confessed it was unknown. Apparently in 1.03, one can set back to factory defaults by removing the battery.

9. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

With the recently released Bios/UEFI version 103 it is now possible to do a factory Bios/UEFI reset
    https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_Reference/UEFI_Firmware.html