Android sources?

Discussion in 'Android' started by psaitz, Nov 4, 2013.

1. psaitz

psaitz New Member

I want to build my own Android version for my UDOO board, e.g. put my own apps in system folder, OTA that contacts my own server, own boot animation, and so on.
    Therefore I would require the Android sources for UDOO, preferable based on Google's Android sources, Freescale's Android BSP and Freescale's Patches for Android.
    Is there a plan to release the UDOO sources?

2. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

All the Android sources will be available once we fixed some bugs we're experiencing in our test sessions. We're planning to release them in 1/2 weeks if there will be no other issues.

Cheers

3. childofthehorn

childofthehorn New Member

This needs to happen.

You have quite a few issues.
    Compiling eng builds with strict mode on.... and strict dalvik timing. Check your common.mk file. Do exports of userdebug builds or user builds.

The vivante 2d core looks like it is not being utilized as well as many of the gpu features. It is very slow.

Networking has similar issues. Speed being the biggest one. Gigabit ethernet port does not work under Android, but it is supported in the kernel posted on github. I have a CAT6E system and a Access point within 6ft with fiber running through the house. I cannot get over 250kbps on the working wifi.

A partition table for a mount point for a /sdcard would be recommended. You have people with Sdcards larger than 8GB who can take the extra space after running "dd" and format to FAT32. Give a mount point and throw it in the inits to mount as /sdcard. All will be well in the world.

The version of ES file explorer is also pretty buggy. Not your fault, but its there.

Please include Terminal Emulator in the standard image. Place it in packages/apps and add to your build/platforms/*.mk file. It would be really useful.

Working changelog in the About section also helpful.

I would be willing to help on this.

Any plans to support an EMMC storage module to also help speed stuff up?

Thanks for the good work getting it up and going, but you are a good two months from nice. Open Sourcing will make this better, faster.

4. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Child, solid points there - I'm sure those will be very helpful.

5. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Many (Most?) of the community agrees on getting the source out, there are a number of threads and posts asking for the source for android, linux stuff, uboot, etc.

Last we have heard is that the UDOO dev team is working through another update to clean some things up and squish a lot of bugs. To be honest some of is probably also clean up to not air dirty laundry or bad coding practices. Either way thats fine. The project is all supposed to be OSS under GPL, and im sure they will be releasing it all once its in the best form for the community to absorb.

6. delba

We just released! http://www.udoo.org/downloads/#tab3
    Sorry in advance for the slow download but the whole tar.gz is quite big (2.4gb) and we managed to put it only in our EU Mirror.

Cheers

7. delba

8. mariom79

mariom79 New Member

Hi, i have downloaded the android source package from EU mirror and from US mirror, but in all cases when i try to extract the package with "tar xzvf" the process ends with errors. I can't find any errors on debug terminal and i don't know if the process ends with all files extracted or some files are missing. The error is the following "tar: Uscita con stato di fallimento in base agli errori precedenti".
    How can fix it ?

Many thanks in advance.
    Best Regards.
    Mario.

9. jinu

jinu New Member

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue. Downloaded EU mirror and extraction ended with error. I think uploaded file was corrupted.

10. matthias

matthias New Member

Hi,

i'm not sure if you were able to translate the error-message, however, it says:
    "tar: Exit with state of failure based on previous errors"
    maybe this helps somone...?

you guys sure that's the only errormessage?

11. jinu

jinu New Member

Hi,
    Here is the error sample line..

tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/drivers: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory
    tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/eap_common: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory
    tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/rsn_supp: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory
    tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/wps: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory
    tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/eapol_supp: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory
    tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/l2_packet: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory
    tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/tls: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory
    tar: UDOO.Android.4.2.2.a/external/wpa_supplicant_ath/wpa_supplicant/src/p2p: Cannot mkdir: Not a directory

regards
    Jinu

12. matthias

matthias New Member

hi,

i just tried (unzipping with 7zip on windows and with tar on linux) - and i get the same errors.
    Therefore, i guess the file was corrupted (also - not having a hash to verify is a bad thing and might help in such cases...)

13. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i just tried to decompress (using 7zip) the torrent i have been seeding (sourced from the US Mirror) and i too am getting tons of errors.

Im going to have to agree that we need this package validated and a hash provided please :)

14. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

This seems a common issue, sorry guys. We'll repack and upload sources with the correct sha1 hash asap.

15. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

thanks, sucks knowing i seeded >20GB of bad sources :(
    Im going to remove my seed until this is resolved

16. delba

17. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Thanks guys, i have downloaded and started seeding the torrent
    I also was able to properly decompress all of the files without any errors.

18. jinu

jinu New Member

Hi,
    Trying to build an image with provided source. Build host is Ubuntu 12.04 and Java Version is 1.6.0_30. Getting an error that "No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE udoo". Followed below link building the image from source.

elinux.org/UDOO_compile_android_4-2-2_from_sources#Configure_the_environment

Jinu

19. childofthehorn

childofthehorn New Member

Yeah, you can skip that.

Do a lunch for the ENG build. That way, it will not care. You can also dictate the TARGET_RECOVERY flag as well.

I am getting this thing ported to the CM10.2 Tree asap. CM11 is still getting kinks out for some of the non-nexus devices.