Boot from sd card with automated flash bios

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Antoman, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Antoman

Antoman New Member

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the udoo x86 advanced bios, after an incorrect BIOS setup no longer work usb ports and the system only starts with sd card, I need an image that starts the system with the necessary to run the bios update automatically because I can not use the keyboard.
    Can you help me?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

See this page: https://www.udoo.org/docs-x86/Hardware_Reference/UEFI_Firmware.html

If you are already on Bios V1.0.3 than you can do the following:
    If you are on an older bios version you need a sata drive and follow this instructions: https://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/reset-bios-jumper-or-pins.6674/

3. Antoman

Antoman New Member

hello, thank you for replying, I've already tried the solutions described in the forum, because of my bios setting the system does not start from legacy hard disk but stops at uefi shell, my bios version is 101. I need an img starting with sd card with automatic bios update.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

You could make a freedos SD card (with Rufus) and update uefi from that.

5. Antoman

Antoman New Member

I tried this, the system stops at uefi shell, i need a system that start with uefi.

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I am confused, in your first post you mentioned that Udoo boots with SD card . Which is strange because it is on v1.0.1. That Bios version does not support SD cards. If it is on V1.0.1 then a SD card with Bios update will not work. In this version the only options is an USB stick (which you have disabled in bios, so will not work) or a SATA disk connected to M2 or SATA connector with a bootable OS

Instructions for that are in the following post: http://www.udoo.org/forum/threads/reset-bios-jumper-or-pins.6674/#post-25338

If that is not possible for some reason you have to contact Udoo Customer Care and open a support ticket and pray they can help you: https://www.udoo.org/customer-care/open.php

7. Antoman

Antoman New Member

Hi, the system starts from sd card only with debian-based daphile software but it does not allow me to save settings etc, if i start an sd card with the dos the system stops on the uefi shell because the last setting in the bios i did it by booting uefi first, the same thing happens if i connect a hard drive with the dos.
    Maybe if we create a system that starts from uefi, even from hard drives we can solve, to do this I need your help.
    I have contacted customer care and I explained everything, they recommended me to try this forum.

8. Antoman

Antoman New Member

Hi everyone, I have not fixed yet, I thought that if I install grub on sd card with the settings to start a iso with the dos might work, super grub 2 start from sd card, i should set the right settings but i'm not capable. I do not know what else to do ...
    I bought the card for nothing.

9. tuxun

tuxun Member

Hi, what do you call "dos"? and why dont you use the thing which can boot for flash bios?

10. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

His Bios is on V1.0.1. So no flash bios thing.... And USB is switched of so no mouse, keyboard and USB drive boot possibilities. Also no option to set something in BIOS.
    What I think is strange is that the SD card with daphile is starting but another SD card is not.
    Perhaps it could be possible to hack the SD card with daphile somehow to have it run the Bios update to v1.0.3 which will solve all problems.

11. Antoman

Antoman New Member

It's exactly what I want to do but I do not have access to the terminal (it's a choice of Daphile developers).
    Do you think you can create an sd card with grub, grub2 or supergrub that starts a iso with bios update?

12. tuxun

tuxun Member

@watervl, thats what meant, put the update script and the binary + set a script at startup in the daphile img, before write in on sdcard.

I also can read here that daphil beta have a ssh connection activated:

http://www.daphile.com/download/FAQ.txt
    <<Q13. Can I access Daphile with ssh?
    A13. Only the beta versions have ssh server and root password enabled.
    Root password is "zaq" without quotes. Beta versions are
    available here: http://www.daphile.com/firmware/beta/ >>

13. Antoman

Antoman New Member

I already tried this, the system stops during boot, i send the Udoox86 at the customer care to flash it with hardware method.
    Thank you for all.
    Antonio.

14. David Rad

David Rad New Member

Um would it be possible to get an SD card image with the latest BIOS scripted to start an update stright away?

15. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Laura likes this.
  16. David Rad

David Rad New Member

Thank you SO much!
    I installed windows 10 just to upgrade. That was by far easier as my ciding skills are limited.
    <3