Missing case for the UDOO X86 Touch Screen Display

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Eckmar, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Eckmar

Eckmar New Member

UDOO X86 & Display.jpg
    UDOO X86 with Touch Display - open on table
    Latte Rear.jpg
    Latte Panda with Display rear mounted
    RPi & Latte Front.jpg
    Latte Panda and Raspberry Pi both with Touch Display in case
    RPi Front.jpg RPi Rear.jpg
    Raspberry Pi with Touch Display in Stand - RPi in case integriert

Hello UDOO Team,
    on Tuesday, 26. Sep. 17 I ordered the 7inch HDMI/USB Touch Display and 28. Sep. 17 I received the Display via UPS. That's great and fast and the display and touch are working fine under Windows 10 64 Bit.
    But what I'm missing is a case to put the display in. In the moment it's laying on the table beside the UDOO X86, but that not looking good. Why isn't it possible to design ad case where the display is mounted and the UDOO X86 is mounted on the rear?
    I have 2 other single computer (RPI with touch display in a stand and a Latte Panda with touch screen in a case mounted the same way (see pictures). Why isn't possible to get a case for UDOO & Display in the same way? I think this is needed? Thanks for comments.
    Eckmar
    PS: Sorry for the picture quality - just taken by mobil phone in my dark office.

2. Markus Laire

Markus Laire Active Member

At least the Raspberry Pi case you show is 3rd party case, I don't know if there exists official case or not.

3. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

The LVDS touch screen display for the UDOO Quad was clearly a device to be integrated by a manufacturer, I can imagine that the new touch display of UDOO is more or less the same, a product for makers, not consumers. As the LVDS screen was very vulnerable I eventually bought a consumer device.

4. Eckmar

Eckmar New Member

@Markus: You are right, it's a third party case - even a Kickstarter project - https://smarticase.com/products/smartipi-touch
    @Maurice: I think if UDOO want to sell the display in there shop - it's not only for makers because the most people bought the X86 via Kickstarter are consumers. Therefore, I think, the UDOO team can think about building a case for the display.
    The display for the LattePanda was made by a Kickstart baker from Germany with a 3D Printer for about 15€.
    I think - everything is better than laying naked on the table.

5. Maurice

Maurice Active Member

With makers I meant consumers who are tinkerers with hardware and software, not makers of products that are then sold to consumers. It would be nice if the additional products were a bit more friendly tough.

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

7. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Wow! 11.6 inch touch-display, keyboard, camera, 128GB SSD, WiFi, BlueTooth, Microphone, Speakers, Windows OS, ... $200. That sure looks like a bargain. But, with a 3.2 AH battery and maximum run time of ten hours, one wonders just how valid the 48 WH power consumption figure is.

8. sirrab

sirrab UDOOer

Are you sure that has a touch screen?

9. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

The eBay listing identifies it as:

Model: TMB117
    Type: Notebook/Laptop MPN: NX.VCGAA.015

Specs here and here indicate:

Input Devices
    Keyboard Yes
    Pointing Device Type TouchPad
    TouchPad Features Multi-touch Gesture

So, apparently touch is supported, but not on the screen.

10. Eckmar

Eckmar New Member

It's not for getting a Laptop/Notebook because I have such devices. I want to use the UDOO for something else but the touch screen laying naked on the table is not ok for me. I think, when UDOO sells the touch screen, they can think about a case/stand for this display and maybe a possibility to mount the UDOO X86 board on the backside of this display (see the pictures above).
    Maybe a forum user / member is able to print such a case in a 3D printer. I got one for my Latte Panda made by a Latte Forum user with a 3D printer (see white case in the pictures above).