Now the UDOO x86 is shipped. What do you want next?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ccs_hello, Apr 20, 2017.

1. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

How about Apollo Lake N4200 or J3455 based...

ccs_hello

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Hehe, I was spoiled by the reasonably powerful N3160 so I was thinking about the upward direction :) .
    Anyway UDOO Blu looks interesting for IoT market.

ccs_hello

4. J.L

J.L New Member

if it's shipped, why are all the Udoo x86 pages still show only pre-order?

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Because. Please keep the discussion on topic!

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  6. J.L

J.L New Member

yeah, I don't really count this topic as valid in that case - it makes it sound like the udoo x86 is shipping, which isn't the case. But yeah, the next one should be; bulk udoo x86 shipments as these are most in demand, and will determine to a large degree what else they _can_ do. If this flops and only 5% of orders can be shipped, then not much else will happen on other designs.

I wish they resolve whatever ramp up issues are happening, it's a big factor for everything else they try to do in future. Too many kickstarter ideas are a vapourware money pit, and never deliver.

7. J.L

J.L New Member

Hate to bring this up again, but my vapourware antenna is in alarm mode now since, it's now May 16, and Udoo x86 is still 'pre-order'.

Please keep communication open, what is going on?
    Why are the dates being missed?

8. ahs1200

ahs1200 New Member

Same here ordered on 21 Dec. There is no ETA to be seen anywhere. Vapourware, right. What a scam.

9. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Recite what I had said in another sub-forum

For the impatient few, may I suggest tone down your volume. It's a forum karma thing to keep everyone happy.
    The situation IMHO is similar with a popular playground entrance and lots of people lined up waiting patiently to get in.
    (Indeed the line is long and the number of gate agents are few. However, it's a popular playground, admission is VERY reasonable, and it's worth the wait.)
    Unfortunately you found out you arrived late. The sign said you have to wait. Complaining loudly to people in front of you won't help the situation. A private email to the park mgmt is right way.

BTW, I waited almost a year to get mine...

10. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

The reason I started this thread is trying to get ideas from the people who had already
    "entered the amusement park", already enjoyed the rides, and only interested in
    learning what new toys should be considered in the future.

If you have delivery problems, why not talk to the management. NOT here in this thread.

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  11. tuxun

tuxun Member

i would love my udoo ultra MODULAR... maybe i dont need sound, or usb, or ethernet, or sata, or arduino 101? maybe some people just need the power+cpu+ram? yep, i want a micro personnal computer ;)

12. ahs1200

ahs1200 New Member

@ccs_hello The line at the play ground visibly reduces, slowly but visibly. There is a massive difference between keeping your community informed and just letting them hang out to dry. Let's not lecture each other about karma. It took half a year and emails without response and some not so true statements down the road to feel ridiculed rather than appreciated as a customer.
    At the time when I put out my order, the admission was VERY VERY VERY reasonable. In the meantime half a year has passed and others have caught up.
    So when you, as you put it, "talk to management" and management just ignores you, ...

13. ahs1200

ahs1200 New Member

@ccs_hello and just so that you know: I opened a ticket over 24 hours ago, nothing has happened. I'll keep you posted, that is only if you want, when I get actually any sort of attention.

14. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Andrea Rovai likes this.
  15. Alexgrind

Alexgrind UDOOer

i have mine x86 ultra with the wifi + bluetooth card nice im working on it.

16. SteveD

SteveD Member

So this thread was never on topic... well I got my advanced last night, installing ubuntu on it. Maybe i made a mistake, I installed 64bit ubuntu 16.10, took all last night, performing update & upgrade, taking all morning. seems to struggle to just respond to commands in terminal. Will try a 32bit build to see if there are changes.... anywho, plan to use this as nas/seedbox/plex server, then at the same time use my previous (odroidxu4) as a game streamer

17. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

@SteveD

I hope my original post (post #1) is on topic.

BTW, when I received my UDOO x86 board, I immediately installed "Linux Lite" on its 32GB eMMC.
    https://www.linuxliteos.com/
    It works immediately, not even a glitch. I guess I am lucky.

ccs_hello

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    waltervl likes this.
  18. Detox_GG

Detox_GG New Member

19. Uberbot

Uberbot New Member

I think the Udoo X86 Ultra is a good idea as the extra CPU and memory allows AI applications, and potentially a stand-alone AI device to be constructed. I would really like a faster CPU (ultra lower power Intel i5?), and to reduce the price of the board.