TTL Serial Camera

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by willSpark22, Oct 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. willSpark22

willSpark22 New Member

Hello

I am new to the forum and very interest to use Ultra as heavy duty 3d printer slicer (Repitier / Simplify3D and connect to Manga 2 capactive screen to control the program. The board will connect to my smoothieboard.

My question for you guy or gals that might able to answer

The possibility of wiring the TTL serial camera to Udoo x86 Ultra? Act like a web cam or some sort?

William

2. tuxun

tuxun Member

3. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

In serial transfer mode, it is moving the captured image (stored in camera module's frame buffer) one frame at a time in JPEG compressed format. The serial baud rate is not high thus it really is used as sequential snapshot camera.
    It will not be as smooth as a webcam.

This is the first time I've seen such camera design. Have to admit it is very odd to me.
    BTW, image sensor is a type-1/4" 640x480 CMOS and core ISP is Vimicro VC0703 (vc0706.)

P.S. the camera board also has a composite video output, just like a normal camera would have.

ccs_hello

4. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

BTW, UDOO x86 is a full-fledged PC and can handle modern webcam.
    It does not make sense to use an intentionally crippled imaging device designed for very low-end maker board (say Arduino),
    unless you are thinking about using that TTL-serial camera for UDOO x86's Arduino 101 subsystem.

5. willSpark22

willSpark22 New Member

Thank you for the response. I totally agree with css_hello. I guess I'll use logitech webcam instead.