Can Kinect work on Quad Udoo ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kokod, Apr 24, 2014.

1. kokod

kokod New Member

Hello everyone,

Could anyone tell me how to use the kinect on Quad Udoo? I can find the devices on udoo after using the command“lsusb”, shown as below.

[​IMG]

I also successfully installed the libFreeNect and the OpenNI2 on Udoo, following the steps on http://openkinect.org/wiki/Getting_Star ... al_Install and https://github.com/OpenKinect/libfreene ... nectDriver. After installation, I can control the kinect’s motor and switch modes. However, I cannot catch the depth and RGB data. The error results are shown as below.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for your answers and help.

2. peter247

peter247 New Member

Did you get anywhere with this ? , sound like a good project to get working on the udoo.

3. T0mT0m

T0mT0m New Member

Hi,
    I was unable to get the kinect(except the motor) to work on RP and I am thinking about UDOO, did you managed to get it to work with libfreenect library?
    Thank you

4. danielespitia

danielespitia New Member

spinxz likes this.
  5. modjo

modjo Active Member

Nice job ! Thanks for your share;)

6. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

I have issues to get kinect working on 14.04, look that is problem of libusb 1.17 and I need libusb 1.19. The OS don't allow me overwrite from source, I compiled, but don't install with 'sudo make install'. I tried uninstall libusb 1.17, but that removed me hundred of dependences and I still cant install libusb 1.19, I dont know why.

Question, how I can update, reinstall a app (instaled by binary or is part of the SO) from source without uninstall all its dependences?

Im sorry for my english and low level of linux

7. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

[​IMG]
    Kinect 1414(V2 cant work on udoo)working with rtabmap, odometry, point clouds... Ubuntu 14.04,ROS Indigo,rtabmap,and VNC.
    As well I get disparity map via image_view pkg.

RVIZ cannot work for the moment

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  8. Nick Hudson

Nick Hudson New Member

OK, the articles say about raspberry PI, and I am new to Udoo, aren't they separate to test out?