Disable power on when board powered?

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by andyshinn, Oct 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. andyshinn

andyshinn New Member

I'm building a mini cluster using a single external power supply for all the boards. All the boards power on immediately when I switch on the power supply. I'd like to disable this behavior and power on the board to sleep mode and force the power button to be the power on / off.

I didn't see anything in the manual about this. Is this possible?

2. Laura

Laura UDOOer

3. andyshinn

andyshinn New Member

I have tried setting it to Always OFF and Last State. But the board still always powers on when I plug in the DC jack. Do you have a test board you can confirm it is working on? FWIW, I am running BIOS 1.02 on the board I am testing (I have 6 boards). The boards all have the CMOS battery (though, I am not sure a good way to test it).

Steps I am doing to test:
    1. Go in to SCU / BIOS and set Power Fail Resume Type to Always OFF.
    2. Go to Exit and select Exit saving changes.
    3. Board resets (briefly yellow light then green) and I manually power off the board (yellow light).
    4. Unplug power from DC jack and wait a couple seconds.
    5. Plug power in and board powers on (green light). I expect board to stay off (yellow light).

4. itimpi

itimpi UDOOer

Shouldn’t you upgrade to the current Bios (1.03) before you carry out these tests?

5. andyshinn

andyshinn New Member

OK. It seems it may just be a misunderstanding of this feature. It does work but only if the board was shut down via ACPI. I suspect that having never been booted into an operating system something in the ACPI saved state was empty. Booting once into Linux and then shutting down the board seems to have it working properly now.

6. Laura

Laura UDOOer

@andyshinn Glad you were able to solve it! Thanks for sharing the method you used.