Putting The OTG (CN3) MicroUSB Port In HOST Mode

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by ctassell, Oct 10, 2017.

1. ctassell

ctassell UDOOer

Hello,
    I'm trying to use the OTG USB port that is next to the Ethernet connector as a USB host device, so that I can plug a USB stick into it rather than using it as a network connection to a PC. According to the docs this is supported, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. Is there some sort of configuration that I have to do (either GPIO pins or special kernel build options) in order to make this work?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I believe that the micro USB is not supporting Host mode, only the normal USB port is supporting Host.

3. jas-mx

jas-mx Active Member

This should be possible as controller support host mode, I suspect it should be possible just by altering the dts/dtsi file for usbotg1 to be in host mode.

4. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

You need a uUSB to USB adapter (OTG adapter). Memory sticks, keyboards, etc. are working for me.

5. ctassell

ctassell UDOOer

Hmm, for some reason I didn't get an E-Mail update for the responses. Thanks folks, I'll try the OTG adaptor first as that seems simpler than playing with the DTS compiler from what I remember.

6. Francesco

Francesco Active Member

You don't need to change the DTS/DTB. The fifth pin in the uUSB connector will change the USB port mode automatically. That's the purpose of the OTG adapter.
    This is the official adapter; any other adapter will work btw.

Gorgo likes this.