Shop Options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shorack, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Shorack

Shorack New Member

I noticed in the shop that there are cable packages in the accessories section.
    But these all seem to include an HDMI cable.

But i presume most people have such a cable already and than there are people (like me) who want to run it headless.
    Okay, 1 HDMI cable in surplus is not a disaster, but what for those who intend to buy multiple udoo's over time? (i'm looking into distributed computing ;))
    *EDIT* Same thing with those usb->micro-usb cables. :p*EDIT*
    The additional cost starts to accumulate and all those cables in surplus become a bit irritating. :)

So i wonder whether it would be possible to add an option to buy the special cables only. (i.e., the usb, sata power and RTC batter holder)
    On a side note: why not add a small converting piece to allow the more common 3-pin fans to be plugged in the fan jack? :)

2. mkopack

mkopack Member

3. andcmp

andcmp New Member

For the moment is much easier to handle the shop and the logistic offerting pre-configured packages instead of custom options but we will consider your suggestion for the future. ;)

4. Shorack

Shorack New Member

Thank you for at least considering it. :)
    For now, i'll keep on fiddling with jumpwire and tape. :p

5. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i think the best focus now for them should be to get everyones orders out, and to focus on evolving the software/operating system(s)
    Right after that (in someways, alongside that) there are new displays that are being put together and released

Im sure once the dust settles from that they will be able to put more focus into some of the smaller accessories such as cases and various cable/connector/wire packs.

6. matthias

matthias New Member

Same here -
    I wen't for the shop looking for the Sata-power-cable - but they only sell it in the kit (i got all the other cables already) - so spending 14€ seems a bit extreme.

Unfortunately, i didn't find this cable anywhere else yet ... (at least not with reasonable shipping-costs to europe) - anyone got suggestions on that?