Windows 10 power management issue

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Kia7, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Kia7

Kia7 New Member

I have installed Windows 10 on x86 Advanced. The board is cooled by an USB powered fan. In device manager, Power Management setting for USB controllers are all set to "allow computer to turn off this device to save power". However, when Windows "sleep" or after the system "shut down", the USB fan stays on, indicating continuation of power supply. I have Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS on a separate drive with the same problem. Is there some setting in the UEFI or in Windows 10/Ubuntu that enables powering-off of the USB port in suspension/shut-down?

Thank you for any help.

2. Laura

Laura UDOOer

I have sent a message to the firmware development team.

3. YellowGTM

YellowGTM Member

I read in the documentation that BIOS 1.02 displays these symptoms. The updated BIOS 1.03 is the apparent solution.

4. ThomasOu

ThomasOu Member

I don't have the board in hand so can't find it for you but this issue is similar to desktop. Try to look for "ErP Ready" function in UEFI firmware and turn it on. Disabling power supply during Sleep means you can only wake it up by using power button, usb devices like mouse or keyboard wouldn't work. Usually desktop motherboard manufacturer will set it to OFF by default.

5. Kia7

Kia7 New Member

I have not updated the firmware to 1.03 yet. I will do so and find the ErP Ready settting. Thank you very much for all your help!

6. Kia7

Kia7 New Member

Thank you very much!

7. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Laura likes this.