Help me please !!!

Discussion in 'UDOO NEO' started by Dumitrescu Florin, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Dumitrescu Florin

Dumitrescu Florin New Member

Hello guys !
    I have a problem with my Udoo Neo Extended .
    For my project ,I need 20+ pins and Udoo have just 12 pins for Arduino .
    How can i use the other pins on the board(A9 pins)?

2. Jefferson Cunalata

Jefferson Cunalata New Member

The pins for A9 can be “remapped” to use in m4, to reach this you need to edit device tree, which can be a complex process if you are only worked with Arduino. UDOO team create a useful way to modify device tree a remap the pins. You can use device tree editor which is available in UDOObuntu in preferences>device tree editor,.

How to use devicetree editor: https://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Cookbook_Linux/Device_Tree_Editor.html

3. Dumitrescu Florin

Hi , thank you for advice , but i tried this method.
    I set the pins ,24,25,26 as wire and i tried blink example .
    It didn't work . Can you tell me if it's okay how did I try?
    I need more pins for an ultrasonic sensor and a line sensor but i don't know how i could do this.
    upload_2018-3-13_14-25-40.png

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

5. Dumitrescu Florin

Where is imx6sx-udoo-neo-external.dtsi file ? I can't find it .
    Is first time when i work with linux

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

7. Jefferson Cunalata

I am so disappointed, at least the useful information like this should be fixed in top topic

8. Dumitrescu Florin

Hello, I took the following steps:
    1-comment all pins need ;
    2-i changed wiring-digital.h;
    3-i changed wiring-digital.c;
    4-i changed in device tree editor ;
    It still doesn't work . I miss something, what else to do?

9. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

You are missing this step: Save and close the file an than recompile al the dts files. Then copy all of them into the /boot/dts folder in your UDOOBuntu microSD.

Device tree editor does the same but not necessarily from the dtsi file you have edited.
    You can find the source of the Device tree editor here to see how they do it. https://github.com/fmntf/dtweb

Edit: And not forget to reboot!!

10. Dumitrescu Florin

Can you help me with recompile ? Is first time when i use ubuntu ....

11. Jefferson Cunalata

I can send you a compiled device tree, but take in consideration the following:

1.- My device tree has disabled (for linux accessing) all pins for "internal and external pins" connectors, because I am planing to use all these pins for M4.
    2.- Also I have disabled i2c port (for linux accessing) which is connected to gyroscope, accelerator and magnetometer sensor placed on UDOO NEO board, because I don't need them.

If my device tree fits your needs so I will send you and also I will explain you how to load by using uEnv.

12. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Here is the instructions to setup a build environment: https://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Advanced_Topics/Compile_Linux_Kernel.html
    Then you can build the modified dts files with
    ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- make dtbs -j5

Heads up! Be aware that if you have used the DTEditor previously, u-boot will load DTBs from /boot/dts-overlay. Disable this via /boot/uEnv.txt or copy your modified DTBs to that directory.

13. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

On the other hand after looking into the dtweb scripts you can compile it on the Neo itself in a terminal.
    Just do:
    Code:
    cd /../../dtbkernel
    make -j1 imx6sx-udoo-neo-{basic,basicks,extended,full}{-hdmi,-lvds7,-lvds15,}{-m4,}.dtb 
    use the correct dtb file made of the options in imx6sx-udoo-neo-{basic,basicks,extended,full}{-hdmi,-lvds7,-lvds15,}{-m4,}
    like fore example imx6sx-udoo-neo-full-hdmi-m4.dtb

14. Matt_Neo

Matt_Neo UDOOer

Hello, this is particularly directed @
    Jefferson Cunalata
    but if anyone else can answer that would be much appreciated :)

So I've followed the (difficult to follow) process to create a custom .dtb file that I'm pretty sure is correct, but rather than overwriting all the .dtb files in /boot/dts as the guide on https://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Arduino_M4_Processor/Use_more_digital_pins_on_M4.html
    suggests - I'd rather just use the specific .dtb file as desired and have uEnv.txt point to it during boot. And I thought that should work - I changed the last line in uEnv.txt from:
    #fdt_file=/path/to/custom/devicetree.dtb
    to:
    fdt_file=/home/udooer/SC-2/Custom_DTB/imx6sx-udoo-neo-extended-hdmi-m4.dtb
    (and this .dtb was recompiled from the modified .dtsi file as per that guide)
    However it doesn't seem to work. Since the rest of the process was at least somewhat documented my initial thought is that this modification to the uEnv.txt file must be wrong somehow.
    Jefferson - since you said you've done this successfully, can you comment? (or anyone else?)

Also - I assume the .dtb files with "-m4" in them means the M4 is turned on, is that correct? (stupid question maybe but if M4 turned on is the default then flagging it could mean disabled? I'm just making sure)

Thanks very much!

15. SANTANU

SANTANU UDOOer

Hello, can you please helped me out???
    I am working on UDOO NEO board. I have incorporated a PM 2.5 dust particle sensor, Groove temperature & humidity sensor connecting with base shield and motion Sensor (in UDOO NEO) with cortex M4 of UDOO NEO, but we didn't get the output value of all the sensors at the same time. But when we executing the code separately it can run smoothly and get the proper output. The problem may used an i2c address which will connect M4 with the motion sensor of NEO and also with the temperature & humidity sensor. Please give me the solution ...

16. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Can you please make a new topic as this is totally off topic.