ssh through bluetooth

Discussion in 'Networking' started by marc, Dec 7, 2016.

1. marc

marc New Member

Hello,

I'm having quite a bite of problems to connect with ssh using bluetooth from my laptop.
    I followed the documentations http://www.udoo.org/docs-neo/Wireless_Communication/Bluetooth NAP.html
    But when performing the command
    Code:
    bluez-test-network $MASTER_MAC nap
    I get the following error,
    Code:
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking
        message, timeout)
    dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "Connect" with signature "s" on interface "org.bluez.Network1" doesn't exist
    Did someone went through the same problem?

Thank you in advance!
    Marc

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

First, I don't have bluetooth on my Neo so I can not reproduce this.
    So some general and perhaps stupid suggestions:
    This command (bluez-test-network $MASTER_MAC nap) seems like something you have to do on your laptop (=client) or just use the GUI on your laptop. The Neo is the server. Did you try to connect to the Neo with your laptop after you have the server part ready?
    And I think $MASTER_MAC should be replaced by the MAC-addres of the BT-Neo. Did you do that?

3. marc

marc New Member

Thanks for your answer.
    For the $MASTER_MAC issue, yes I replaced with the mac of the Neo.
    Then yes I try to connect my laptop to my neo using the GUI and also the bluetoothctl tool, I succeed to pair the both system but I get an error when trying to connect. With the GUI, I get an error message complaining that a file is missing, and similar issue with bluetoothctl, I don't remember the name of the missing file, I will look this evening.

4. dailyxe

dailyxe New Member