Sata power connector.... again

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Orson, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Orson

Orson New Member

Hi.

I know. It has been here multiple times. I know I can order set of cables directly from Udoo but shipping for 3usd cables is KILLING me :/ Is there any chance someone has a part number or even better ebay link from someone in EU with those plugs. Googling for A2001WR gives me only board plugs and not matching connectors :( I know I can use regular dupont connector but it looks ugly and it is not that reliable :/
    Also: because I am noob in terms of electricity: can I use 5a power supply (3a for board and 2a for 3.5 drive) + 5v line from that connector to power drive that requires both 12v and 5v lines ?

Thank you and have a nice day.

2. yankneck696

yankneck696 New Member

Email me at KG7SWP@yahoo.com & I will get you all the part numbers on Monday.
    I pulled mine from small LCD driver units we use at work. I have the numbers on the work laptop.

Ed

3. Orson

Orson New Member

OK.

Will do :) I hope those are available from eu ebay sellers. Thank you.

4. yankneck696

yankneck696 New Member

Worst case scenario, I could cut several off with 6" pigtails & you can use them that way. If I dig deep enough into the scrap wire bin at work, I could probably find about 20 of them & send them.

It is a rather common connector. Harwin is the manufacturer that we happen to use.
    Also, any scrap PC or modern electronics will have them.

Ed

5. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

From the PDF manual page 31 :
    When looking at JST PHR-4 you find a lot of results (but all outside europe). Perhaps a local PC shop can help you.

6. yankneck696

yankneck696 New Member

I have all of the Harwin numbers at work. Also, instead of a $300-$700 crimp tool, you can get preterminated wires to put in the socket.

Ed

7. LDighera

LDighera UDOOer

Posting spam like this only serves to drive away customers and expose your company as unable to follow the rules. Is that the image you were going for? :-(