Udoo Quad case with 3.5" HDD compartment and fan

Discussion in 'Cases' started by Hjdskes, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Hjdskes

Hjdskes New Member

Hi!

A month ago I came across plasmac0r's case for a Udoo x86 with a 2.5" HDD/SSD compartment. I liked the looks of it, and plasmac0r kindly sent me the files so I could modify it for myself. This topic is the result of that.

My remix is fit for a UDOO Quad with a 3.5" HDD compartment and a 40x40x10mm fan. The air flow is good enough to keep the UDOO and the HDD at a comfortable 25 - 30 degrees. There are holes for all connections, except the microphone jack and GPIO headers because I do not see myself using those anytime soon. I used four M4 (16mm) screws for the lid and four M4 (14mm) for the fan. The UDOO is held in place with two M3 (4mm) screws.

The only flaw in the design is that the columns holding the lid are too thick in the back to fit the hard drive. I had to grind some plastic off to fit the hard drive. I tried to fix this in the model, but when I change some dimensions all but one columns disappear. If you know how to fix this, please do tell me and I will upload an improved version.

You can download all the files on Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2886653

plasmac0r and waltervl like this.
  2. plasmac0r

plasmac0r New Member

Hey Hjdskes good work!

Hjdskes likes this.