New cases - dual fans & HDD options - v2.0 updated Nov.28th

Discussion in 'Cases' started by Kris, Oct 27, 2013.

1. ndzinn

ndzinn New Member

Re: New cases - dual fans & HDD options - v2.0 updated Nov.2

PS - I found a printer on makexyz.com

2. Kris

Kris Member

Yes, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:172397
    .. and cool, glad you like it.
    I will need to do an overhaul of the design when this quarter is done. I just have too many other projects to knock out right now. Either side of the case with the grating really tests a printers retraction/jump capabilities.

3. allwet

allwet New Member

Just a quick note for option features you may want to support in your case design. Now that there are more accessories available, I see a need for openings for the 7" Touch Screen Display and a slot opening for the UDOO 5MP Camera. I have the camera, 7" screen, and a solid state sata drive all hooked into my UDOO Quad and find cabling issues in possible case designs to be an issue. There are other items that are supported as well that some would welcome access support, including stackable layers for arduino DUE boards and breadboards plugged into the headers on the UDOO. These are just part of my wish list for a UDOO case design. Also, need the fan mount support for a couple fans.

Regarding cabling for the 2 1/2" SATA drive, there may be a height clearance issue for the SATA cable as it plugs in perpendicular to the board and the cable connector needs to be the straight end. The right angle plug connectors I found on the SATA cables bend off to the wrong direction covering up the LVDS display connector (CN13). Going the other way would run into the CN27 audio connector as well as the camera port cable, if installed (CN11). This then requires the straight SATA cable connector. Your design art shows a channel next to where the drive would mount that may be sufficient for tucking the standard SATA and power cables wrapped back and forth. If not, then the case size would need to be extended to fit more cable "folds". Hope you can visualize what I am trying to describe.

Another item of desire is a case for the 7" Touch Screen Monitor. Maybe even a case to hold the camera board.

Hopefully you come up with some good designs and follow through on making cases available to the UDOO community. Thanks for your efforts and bringing some hope for new products meeting our needs.