Browser pages getting messed up

Discussion in 'Android' started by renevanderlende, Nov 29, 2013.

1. renevanderlende

renevanderlende New Member

Hi everyone,

After installing Android I started browsing and noticed that on certain graphical/hardware intensive sites (e.g. google play, mail) parts of the pages get copied and placed randomly in the browser window, basically making it look like a shuffle puzzle.
    I checked/unchecked hardware layering in the developer options of Android, rebooted, reversed the checks, rebooted again, each time the same result.
    Installed 'Naked Browser' (http://www.nakedbrowser.com/android), same result.

Does anyone have the same? How to resolve this? UDOO drivers / Android WebView/WebKit issues?

Help would be much appreciated...

2. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

Hi

Do you experiment the same issue using Firefox also? It work well for me...

3. renevanderlende

Well, I haven't tested FireFox (yet), but the same problem occurs when I use ES Explorer to connect to my DropBox account. I assume the logon window utilized Android WebView / webkit too.
    However, I installed the Android image with the UDOO plain out of the box, do I need to switch jumpers? As a seasoned developer, as a rule, I did not RTFM (read the freakin' manual)....

4. pizthewiz

pizthewiz New Member

I see this too, but it doesn't appear to be limited to just the browser, several applications seem to suffer from this too though I've only seen it with scrolling regions.

5. renevanderlende

@ pizthewiz sorry as I am for you, I am glad someone else has the same problem. Not sure if it's just with scrolling regions (will check that), but certainly pages/apps that use Google WebKit (both online/http as well as Android apps).

Maybe an OpenGLES issue? Ops/UDOO team? Any reaction on this???

6. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

I didn't note such problem with app too. Which app give you the scrolling problem?

7. pizthewiz

pizthewiz New Member

I definitely saw it in the Play Store which is presumably uses a WebView, so perhaps that is the common factor?

8. Suppaman

Suppaman New Member

Yes, it seem a problem of the webkit component (an, obviously, of all the apps using this component).