LVDS screens [Official Discussion]

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by andcmp, Nov 7, 2013.

1. YagoGG

YagoGG New Member

OK, thanks a lot for your fast and helpful anwser. I was trying to use it because I don't want to spend much money in a screen, and the ones that I've seen by the way are $100+

Again, thanks.

Yago G.

2. rkwiles

rkwiles New Member

I am also interested int the Inteltronic LMTY101TE011V1
    Will you be selling this?

3. YagoGG

YagoGG New Member

@Lifeboat_Jim
    Hi, again!

I have another question :)
    Is there any way to adapt iPhone 4 screen for using it with the UDOO?

Thanks a lot!

Yago G.

4. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Same comments apply, if you can find the datasheet for it (whatever Panel that is - different manufacturers over the years no doubt), and it's a single channel LVDS Panel, then it's quite likely it would work.

Otherwise you fall at the first hurdle.

5. YagoGG

YagoGG New Member

Ok, I'll take a look and see if I can find its datasheet (don't think it'll be possible, because of patents and that stuff), I'll tell you what I find.

Thank you!

Yago G.

6. hillcz

hillcz Member

Please any news for 10.1 inch panel? THX

7. Tohm

Tohm New Member

I am a bit confused about making a custom LVDS cable. http://www.ebay.com/itm/150854680380
    I will be taking the above IPEX cable and cutting off the pin connector(wrong pinout) and crimping on a new one, but I'm getting a bit nervous about some of the pins on the 40-pin cable. The backlight, 3.3v and LVDS data lines are pretty obvious. I can even add a PWM line to control screen brightness with the Atmel. However, the DDS pins confuse me. I don't see anything of the type on the UDOO LVDS interface. Does the UDOO utilize DDS in a way that I missed somehow, or can I just ignore those pins?

Thanks,

Tom.

8. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

DDS? Which pins are those?

9. Tohm

Tohm New Member

My bad, I meant DDC.
    Pins 4, 6 and 7. After reading up on it, I have discovered that DDC are for the graphics hardware to automatically configure for the display. I'm not sure if this is necessary for the LVDS to function, but I'm assuming that it connects to the I2C pins, seeing that DDC is in fact an I2C connection. Can anyone clarify for me?

-Tom

10. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Bit strange that cable.

You'll see it has 3 LVDS data pairs + Clock pair. That only gets you 18bit support.

The UDOO CN13 (see sheet 11 of http://udoo.org/download/files/schemati ... matics.pdf) shows 4 LVDS data pairs + Clock pair. That gets you 24bit support.

I don't know what Panel you have in mind, and in any case if you cutting the connector off and just using it as a short cut it doesn't really matter.

I might be wrong, but I understood the DDC to be serialised over LVDS (IE it's a logical protocol over LVDS - or more to the point it's successor EDID. Whereas it is physical on VGA for example).

11. Tohm

Tohm New Member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121205032987

This is a 15.6 inch 6-bit display, so I believe it will work all the same, just with fewer colors than if I used a 24-bit display.

12. hillcz

hillcz Member

Hi Guys

LMTYA101IS11

18-Bit LVDS,-20/+70,1024x600

:)

This may be next candidate for your shop :)

13. glennlopez

glennlopez New Member

14. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

a couple of aspects (3 actually):

- The display quality: Our is a 400 cd/m2 vs the other one 250 cd/m2 (that is HUGE).
    - Our contrast ratio (1000) is very high
    - Our (dual) touch screen is capacitive while the other one is resistive which is very cheap compared to our.

15. venkatbo

venkatbo Member

Dumb question - What does dual imply here ?
    The wiki and various product descriptions on dual-touch seems to imply two separate but connected touch sensitive surfaces. The UDOO displays have only a single surface. Does it have two distinct regions where say desktop UI is on one region, and say a keyboard is on the other ?

thx,
    /venkat

16. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

It's a multi-touch that recognizes two points of contact with the surface.

17. Decion

Decion New Member

Could anybody please post the exact measurements of the 7' LVDS monitor or point me to the web page where that's stated? I couldn't find that information at the shop page (where I would expect it) or anywhere else so far.

18. rkwiles

rkwiles New Member

19. Decion

Decion New Member

Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. Obviously I missed the passage in the first post which is clearly stating where to go for more details. So my bad... Just wished this would be also available in the shop, so you don't have to go elsewhere first to get this information.

20. apiram.andrea

apiram.andrea New Member

Hi everybody,

for my project, a funny computur for my childreen, the 7" touch screen is too big. I need something closer to 5" with the some spec. of 7" selling in the accessories udoo shop. Can someone suggest me what buy? or can i use some compatibile touch screen built in the mobile phones? how can i undestand if a touch screen is udoo compatible?

Best regards.

Andrea