Steps to take to install XBMC in Ubuntu?

Discussion in 'Linux Ubuntu' started by pires100, Dec 4, 2013.

1. pires100

pires100 New Member

Hi everyone

As a relative Linux noob, I tried installing XBMC as a package in Ubuntu 12.04 desktop last night. Immediately there were dependencies that I did manage to resolve but when I got to the final step of 'apt-get install xbmc' terminal told me that a bunch of dependencies were uninstallable.

Is there any pro around here who can give step-by-step instructions on getting xbmc running within Ubuntu. I just don't want to use a pure XBMC image on my quad when there are so many other things I want to install to run in the background besides XBMC itself(such as Sickbeard,Headphones,Sabnzbd,Couchpotato etc.)...

Any direction would be greatly appreciated here!

2. pires100

pires100 New Member

...would it perhaps be easier if I tried installing XBMC in the Debian image instead?...

3. melogonzaga

melogonzaga New Member

Hi, I want to do the same thing, I want to use ubuntu funcionalities and XBMC, but every time I've tried to install it retuns with boken package

4. ottyphc

ottyphc New Member

At this point in time I have seen no evidence that Udoo Linaro is able to effectively support video from web browsers, XBMC, VLC or the like. I am interested in employimg. Udoo as a media centre. I do remain confident that this will happen but first I think time will be needed for this platform to mature. Also I need to educate myself so I can contribute.

5. Keridos

Keridos New Member

Would be interested in this, does it work in either ubuntu or debian?

6. salouma

salouma Member

I'm looking for the same thing.

Stephan Rafin made a great xbmc image on udoo and the new udoobuntu seems very great. It would be good if the two distribution work together.

7. melogonzaga

melogonzaga New Member

Someone had success on install XBMC o the UDOObunto, I've tried to install, but I cant run it.

Thanks