UDOO BOLT project now live on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'UDOO BOLT' started by Laura, May 31, 2018.

1. Laura

Laura UDOOer

bolt header.png
    Click here to view the live project!

The UDOO BOLT is a quantum leap compared to current maker boards: a portable, breakthrough supercomputer that goes up to 3.6 GHz thanks to the brand-new AMD Ryzen™ Embedded V1000 SoC, a top-notch, multicore CPU with a mobile GPU on par with GTX 950 and an integrated Arduino™-compatible platform, all wrapped into one.​

Help crowdfund the board now!

2. ThomasOu

ThomasOu Member

Congratulations. It is so exciting to see UDOO creates another x86 based SBC.

Laura likes this.
  3. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

And already fully backed on the first day!

4. ant667

ant667 New Member

backed in like the first few hours...

5. Mangasora

Mangasora New Member

This project is really impressive.
    I want to make a proposal with regard to the box - to provide a slow blower at the bottom, because these m2 modules heat up a lot. Of course it would be great to have a place for hdd.
    At the bottomon on my Udoo x86 Ultra have a hdd cooler and it behaves wonderfully under all conditions

6. ccs_hello

ccs_hello UDOOer

Can you confirm the SODIMM DDR4 2400 used will be the LP type or the regular SODIMM type?
    Thanks!

LDighera likes this.
  7. System Error Message

System Error Message New Member

its been a while but its nice to see udoo adopting AMD ryzen, i havent had time to utilise UDOO boards due to company abuses but now that im running my own business im hoping to utilise all the udoo boards i have over their capacity.

So far i have both the udoo quad and udoo x86 with pentium. I wish udoo had the highest end SoC because not only do you get more than double the TDP but you get the 11 Vega CUs along side SoDIMM so while not particularly fast would also allow me to stuff more ram than the vega fe has in VRAM.

What exactly is the maximum amount of ram it supports and will the TDP be hackable so we can do all sorts of crazy things with it?

Also how is the gigabit ethernet connected? SoC says it has 2 ethernet ports and i was thinking how nice it'd be to be able to add a bunch of ports, even 10Gb via usb-c to have a tiny router alongside the wifi and bluetooth module. Other use i was thinking off is a separate firewall/IDS/IPS to complement routers that cant have them or arent fast enough for it and also a way to cluster them using 10Gb/s networking

8. System Error Message

System Error Message New Member

9. Flash2k6

Flash2k6 New Member

Are you planning to allow addons before shipping rewards? You don't have a UDOO + PSU option, all of your options that include PSUs also include memory and I don't want the memory, I just want the board/PSU. I hope you allow us to "add" PSUs prior to shipment.

I've backed every Udoo project you've done, and I love your projects/boards... I'm really looking forward to the performance on this one!

10. REYES I SANDOVAL

REYES I SANDOVAL New Member

Unfortunately I discovered this project right after the kickstarter ended. Is there any way I can still join? I would love one of these for my daughter to learn with.
    Regards

11. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Normally they will give an opportunity to subscribe to a pre-ordering in a couple of weeks. Prices are not set yet I read in another thread.

As an alternative you could buy an Udoo X86 from stock, not as fast as a Bolt but very usable for learning.

12. schepers_cp

schepers_cp Member

too bad i was short on money, so i couldn't back the project, so i'm trying to help in other ways where i can for now ^^

13. John Blue

John Blue New Member

Quick question @Laura, is it still possible to order one?

Thanks

John

14. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

I believe Kickstarter project is closed and boards to be deleverid in December. Normally there will be a pre-ordering option introduced where people can order the boards and they will be delivered after the Kickstarter delivery. After that the boards will also become available in the webshop and through resellers like the other boards of Udoo.

So no, at the moment you cannot order a Udoo Bolt. But I expect pre-order soon (but delivery after kickstarter delivery!)

15. Laura

Laura UDOOer

We have not yet chosen a method or timeframe for ordering a UDOO BOLT.

@John Blue Thanks for your interest, I would be glad to email you when an opportunity arrives to place a pre-order. Please send a message using our contact form, to confirm you would like to receive an update https://www.udoo.org/contact-us-form/

16. PackElend

PackElend UDOOer

y reading Ryzen APU based Mini PC like Intel NUC? and Is there any NUC equivalent for AMD? I came accross your kickstarter campaign, appreantly a bit to late :(.
    As I have a tower PC I want to get rid off and older Synology NAS I searching for something replacing them, so I could even get two of bolts if you can say, that it cun run without active cooling in idle or simple tasks mode, as just provding acces to files via file share.
    Can you share your experience with that device as it is mentioned that you still doing some load tests.

17. Laura

Laura UDOOer

@PackElend The UDOO BOLT utilises active cooling, managed by the firmware. The operating parameters can be adjusted by the user. We will be publishing an extensive user manual that covers the cooling settings.

18. PackElend

PackElend UDOOer

did you also test to run it as NAS with a web application like Nextcloud. I'm hoping it can run Nextcloud, if used only by a few users in passive cooling mode.

19. Laura

Laura UDOOer

We have not tested that particular programme.

20. PackElend

PackElend UDOOer

nothing compareable, any other sharing application or other web server based application?