Interface UDOO Development board with USB Relay boards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Danny

Danny New Member

Hello, need some advice to connect the USB relay board https://store.ncd.io/product/usb-relay-controller-high-power-relays/ through UDOO Development Board, which further use internet cloud server to connect the relay with Online servers like Azure database.
    Any kind of suggestion, as well as sample code to make this process useful, will be very helpful.

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

First: What Udoo board (Neo/X86/Dual/Quad)? As they are all different.
    Second: As all Udoo boards have an Arduino onboard it is a little bit silly to use an USB Relay board. You can attach relays directly to the I/O of the Arduino part. Ther only use I can imagine is to expand the number of I/O pins but you can better use other arduino I/O expansion boards/shields.

3. Danny

Danny New Member

Hello, I am using X86 board and rather than start new circuit I would like to go through the hardware which I have already bought, any useful samples or documentation to make this possible with Udoo X86 to control the relay switching via USB will be very helpful.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

The Udoo X86 is a normal PC with build in Arduino 101. I suppose you have the software already available to control your USB relay board. So you just install the OS (Windows, Ubuntu etc) plugin the USB board and install the software to control the board according the manual of your USB board. Nothing special with regards to the Udoo X86 for this use case.