[SOLVED] power issue preventing booting normally.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by james.watts, Nov 28, 2013.

1. james.watts

james.watts New Member

I've been trying to get my Quad to boot for days with no success. Got the PSU from udoo, so I know it's the right kind. Voltage is good according to a Vohm. I tried 2 diff cards, 4 OSes. Nothing. Shows up on the serial and stop at differing, but repeatable, steps per OS.

Then I plugged another USB from my desktop into the 2nd udoo usb port and hit reset. It worked. I just logged in fo rthe first time! Very cool!

But why? Does this suggest that the PSU is bad and that the 2nd usb is supplying the additional power required? Or is the board having issues breaking down the 12v from the PSU to other voltages?

Anyone have any great ideas? Thanks in advance, and Happy Thanksgiving!

2. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Re: Odd power issue preventing booting normally.

it does sounds like you may have a possible bad power supply. That said, the USB cable should not be able to power your UDOO alone as the voltage isnt right and the CN6 port i dont think can even supply power properly, but having that connection may have flipped something letting it work.
    I would try getting another power supply, and if thats it, UDOO will surely replace it if we can confirm it was a bad supply. This has been seen a few times already

3. james.watts

james.watts New Member

Sure 'nuff. I got one of the units off of Amazon that you suggested in another post. Works great! Thanks.

4. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Watts by name, not enough Watts by nature? ;)

Glad it's sorted for you. Marked as solved.