Anyone having USB Touchscreen Issues?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by lhl, Dec 12, 2013.

1. lhl

lhl New Member

I have a TouchSystems capacitive touch screen that I'm using that works fine on an x86 Ubuntu system.

On the UDOO it's detecting fine, dmesg:

[ 249.668505] input: eGalax Inc. USB TouchController as /devices/platform/fsl-ehci.1/usb2/2-1/2-1.2/2-1.2.3/2-1.2.3:1.0/input/input4
    [ 249.670451] generic-usb 0003:0EEF:72D0.0005: input,hidraw3: USB HID v2.10 Pointer [eGalax Inc. USB TouchController] on usb-fsl-ehci.1-1.2.3/input0

And running X, it shows up in xinput like it should.

Initially it seemed to work, however, after doing a screen rotation and plugging in a new Transformation Matrix, it seemed to get unresponsive. - It responds to clicks, but doesn't move the cursor on the x/y axis).

I've removed everything from the xorg.conf but I'm still having this issue. Has anyone experienced something like this before?

2. rkwiles

rkwiles New Member

You need to install and then use eCalib to calibrate it. I used the 9 point calibration option.
    Find and download the eGTouch_v2.5.3120.L-ma.zip instructions are inside zip file.

http://home.eeti.com.tw/LinuxDriverDownload.html

This installs the eGalax driver.

This works fine on my 8inch 800x600 Lilliput monitor but I have not tried rotation and the other stuff you talked about.
    I never could get the xinput_calibrator to work with this monitor.

3. lhl

lhl New Member

So a couple things, but I think I'm close to getting things solved:

Originally looking at the Xorg.0.log and the kernel config (there is a separate non-USB eGalax driver compiled in) I thought there was support built in the kernel, especially as it's responsive to clicks, but that wasn't the case.

I tried installing those EETI drivers as well, but I had problems running the drivers EETI had available for download as I'm running an armhf system and the binaries included just wouldn't run.

I then compiled a version of the UDOO kernel w/ USB touchscreen support - those drivers work great with my screen on my Ubuntu 13.10 x86 system, however it looks like a lot of changes were made to the touchscreen drivers over the course of the 3.x kernels as the 3.0.35 drivers failed horribly. I tried backporting a few bits but there were a bunch of architectural changes to the USB code...

I dropped a line to EETI and they've been very responsive so I may have a more up-to-date version that works soon...

4. lhl

lhl New Member

Just an FYI, after dropping a line (and getting a super quick response!) I got a newer version of the drivers: eGTouch_v2.5.3530.L-ma-hf that are armhf compatible and work reasonably well. (eCalib doesn't do anything for me and I have encountered some mega debounce issues with the mousedown event (mouseup is fine)). They are incompatible with Linux's usbtouch drivers, so if you'll need to disable/compile those out of the kernel if you compiled it in (the current UDOO kernel binary doesn't have usbtouch so should be fine?).

If you have issues getting an eGalax controller working I'd recommend dropping a line to EETI and get a copy of their latest drivers from them!