Bluetooth keeps stopping on UDOO x86 ultra

Discussion in 'Android' started by ZAJ, Aug 18, 2018.

1. ZAJ

ZAJ New Member

Hello everyone,

I have bought the UDOO x86 Ultra board a couple of months ago and I am so far more than happy with it. Fired up Debian as my main OS, and decided to add Android x86 with dual-boot.
    Currently using android-x86_64-8.1-rc1.iso which is, as I read in the docs, tested and working perfectly with the board. And it is working like a charm indeed, except I could not manage to get bluetooth working..

It seems to have problems with the Intel Dual Band WiFi/BT M.2 module, as upon startup the dreaded "Bluetooth keeps stopping" message greets me, and anytime I try to manually enable bluetooth, it keeps popping up and automatically disables BT again. WiFi is working perfectly with great signal strength, and the BT connectivity is good under Debian, so I am guessing this could be something Android related?
    Anyone has/had the same problem with android-x86_64-8.1-rc1? What could be the problem? Since the UDOO x86 docs say it has been tested and working perfectly, I assume BT should work too, so maybe it is only me?

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

3. ZAJ

ZAJ New Member

Yes, it looks like Android related to me as well, since it is working perfectly under Debian. Tried those solutions you mentioned some days ago, unfortunately none of them helped. Will now try some earlier versions of Android-x86 (7.1-r2 or CM 14.1) and see if the problem persists.

4. ZAJ

ZAJ New Member

Well, I tried running different Android versions, but both seem to have the same problem with BT as it keeps stopping upon startup, and every time I try to enable it.
    Also tried enabling it from the command line, but it gets stuck at the "Turning on Bluetooth" message and then it disappears with Bluetooth staying OFF.
    Also tried to disable the M.2 BT in BIOS and using an USB dongle instead, but the results were the same.
    I am now messing around with the system logs to try check what is exactly causing this behaviour and will see if I can figure out something. Will post the results here just in case someone spots something I might have missed.

I am dual-booting it with GRUB by the way (along with Debian where BT works just fine). Could there be any boot argument that might affect BT under Android?

5. ZAJ

ZAJ New Member

Finally solved it. After days of log-diving, I disabled TCO Watchdog support in the BIOS and now I have a perfectly working BT on Android-x86 8.1 rc1.

waltervl likes this.
  6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Thanks for sharing this!

7. baobao9888

baobao9888 New Member

Would you please specify how to disable TCO Watchdog support? Sorry I event don't know where to look for TCO watchdog.

8. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer