Power supply for Udoo for a free-roaming robot

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jykm12, Dec 13, 2013.

1. jykm12

jykm12 New Member

2. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

I bought a Anker 15000mAh,very compact, solid, I love it. Working on USB,usb1+usb2 it have a limit 2A. I cant charge Tablet + Xperia Neo,the same on others power pack, not only on Anker. 12-9V + USB, I will test if I can today. I dont know this on 20000. If Anker 20A is able of USB1 2A + USB2 2A discarge and you have free space, buy 20000mAh. In other case, I prefer 2x15000mAh. If you broken one, you have other, on 20A, if you broken, nothing. The Motor battery, will dead before that 15000mAh.

I working on similar proyect, but I noob, maybe will can help between us, if is possible, I have problems with installation of ROS and ubuntu armhf.

Excuse my English, google translator.

3. jykm12

jykm12 New Member

Thanks for your response. Where did you get the 15000mA one? I can't find it on amazon

4. Flamenawer

Flamenawer Member

You're right, I have the link to Anker14400mha but redirects me to20000mha, perhaps this out of stock or have been discontinued.
    Contact them if you will behaving in the future.

This same source was ebay,but under another name,search by 14400mAh power pack, I think itis a brand of Germany.But I think itcame outa bitmore expensive, I do not remember.
    If I find the link you sent.

5. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

Do it properly, work out your needs.

Add up the power consumption of your servos, motors, cameras, lights, [optional weapons!] and the UDOO (which is 4-6W depending on what you're doing). Multiply that by the endurance you need. Add on some headroom.

You now have your Wh (Watt Hour, or even Kilowatt Hour).

You can then pick the most suitable power pack, without having too much weight or spending too much money.

6. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

there are a couple out there that will work you will want to ensure that the batter has a proper DC output like the second one in the list. the first one is only USB, that wont be enough to power the UDOO and everything.

Here is the one i use http://goo.gl/FwMzbw
    Its 15,000mAh and it has 2 USB ports and a 9v/12v DC output that will power the UDOO quite well.

If you reference the power testing data in my signature you can get an idea on how much the board alone will use, you can add in the usage of the additional parts just by the numbers or through testing. Remember that you wont get 15,000 mAh out of a 15,000 mAh battery like these.

Many of them vary in quality but you can expect between 50% and 70% at the very most.
    My testing of the 15,000 EXO battery mentioned above put out an average of 64% or about roughly 9,538 mAh

7. jykm12

jykm12 New Member

8. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

Ah you are correct.. i work with so many of those things i saw it and thought it was a different model.. my bad... so yes both of those would work.