Programming Arduino 101 on Curie co-processor

Discussion in 'UDOO X86' started by Saurabh Bansal, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Saurabh Bansal

Saurabh Bansal New Member

Hello All,
    I am planning to use Udoo X86 Ultra for my application.
    And in that application, I am planning to use the Intel Curie as Arduino 101 for my GPIO's.

Can somebody please let me know how I will be flashing my code to Intel Curie, I think there will be 2 options:
    1. Compile & Build the code in my host PC, then flash the code in Curie, and
    2. Install Arduino 101 IDE in Intel Pentium main processor, then Compile, build and flash the program from main processor.

Please let me know the proper approach for that, I think it will make more sense if I am able to use 1st approach.

Saurabh

2. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

Option 2 will do the job for you. If compiling will slow you down too much you can always fall back to option 1.

3. Saurabh Bansal

Hello Walter, Thanks for your response.
    I want to use the option 1, so after building code in my PC, can you tell me the procedure to flash the binary in Curie.

4. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

For option 1 you still have to install Arduino IDE with 101 board manager on your Udoo X86. Put verbose mode on and compile and upload an example sketch to the Curie. Extract the upload part of the verbosed compile and upload commands and use that to upload your compiled sketch from your own PC.

How to get your compiled file to your Udoo depends how your Udoo is connected to your network (or not). You could use USB stick if not or a shared network drive if it is.

5. Saurabh Bansal

Hello Walter,
    Thanks for suggestion. Now I got the board, and using Arduino IDE on Udoo X86 itself. It works.
    I am using this board for my Robot and will not be using Monitor, keyboard, mouse in actual application, and will access the board with ssh connection only.

So at that time, if I need to do any change in Arduino code, then I will have to compile the code without IDE.
    I found out that we can compile and load the code with using command-line if we use AVR, but didn't found much for Intel Curie i.e. Arduino 101.
    Have you or somebody tried this thing, and how?

Saurabh

6. waltervl

waltervl UDOOer

7. Saurabh Bansal

Thanks a lot Walter, it worked...