Speed comparison

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ndzinn, Nov 30, 2013.

1. ndzinn

ndzinn New Member

There's an explanation of the value of product in this thread on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:30 pm

2. ndzinn

ndzinn New Member

If you want to burn up the Due (thermal stress testing), Increase the 10000 in the outer loop to 100000. The test program will run full bore for about an hour on the Due.

3. ndzinn

ndzinn New Member

Update. The Udoo team released full implementations of Debian wheezy (armhf) for the Udoo yesterday. Ubuntu's been fun, but Debian is an old friend (well, not that old, but I've run it on a couple other boards). Wheezy is just as fast as Linaro computationally (using the hard floats). The test program also runs in 1.74, same accuracy. So, I'll have to reconsider what I said about the special benefits of Linaro. Debian v7 wheezy armhf delivers as much and the GUI seems snappier than Gnome. IMHO this is a big step forward for Udoo. For example, the monitor resolution problems I've been having with Ubuntu are gone.

4. ndzinn

ndzinn New Member

5. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

ndzinn, we're also preparing an ArmHF version of Ubuntu 12.04 if you're still interested to use Linaro. We're planning to release it in a couple of weeks, top.

6. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

when its released i will update my testing with that version

7. ndzinn

ndzinn New Member

@delba, the Linaro versions of Ubunto come from an ARM consortium of companies, so I presume they use the hard float capabilities of the CPU. The speed tests I've done with the current Ubuntu v12.04 version on the Udoo downloads page substantiate that (as fast a wheezy). But I'm always interested in running something new!