Menu Bar missing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shinn, Oct 31, 2013.

1. shinn

shinn New Member

hello everyone,
    i found a problem from linux boot, i can't see the Menu bar on the screen, because the screen resolution is not fit to my screen, how to fix the problem?
    i can click the menu bar, it's hide in the position of screen border.

Attached Files:

2. triberraar

triberraar New Member

I have the same problem.

My screens native resolution is 1920*1200, but the maximum resolution i can choose is 1920*1080. And even though the screen has 1:1 pixel mapping for 1080p, it doesn't seem to work for the UDOO.
    Any help is appreciated with this.

3. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

There is a dedicated thread for hdmi issues, however when i saw this happen to me tonight i just unplugged the hdmi cable from the UDOO and plugged it back in. Resolution was fine. I have never had any other hdmi related issues but i know there seem to be many that do. If unplugging doesn't fix your issue check that dedicated Official hdmi troubleshooting thread

4. playinmyblues2

playinmyblues2 New Member

By the way, I am using a 19" HDTV but I am sure the resolution is less than 1920x1080. My Menu Bar is also missing. It is accessible but hard to work with as it is off the screen. I unplugged the HDMI cable from the TV and plugged it back in and the whole screen showed up but there was all kinds of garbled information on the screen.

I restarted the computer and the old resolution, with missing menu bar came up again.

I have looked up the Official HDMI issues thread but it seems there is nothing applicable there.

The other piece of information that seems relevant is that when the System Settings>Displays option in the GUI, the system only provides a 1920 x 1080 (16:9) option. The Detect Displays button does not bring up any further options.

5. DracoLlasa

DracoLlasa UDOOer

i noticed with my Viewsonic monitor when i hit the button to change inputs from the DVI (My main PC) to the HMDO (My UDOO) there are 2 HMDI modes
    when i am in DVI mode and i press the button to change to HMDI it goes to "HDMI PC" mode and everything looks fine. I press it a second time and it goes to "HDMI AV" in this mode its exactly what you are describing. the screen is sized just a bit wrong and i cant see the top and bottom most part of the screen. a third press and im back to my PC under the DVI input.

Anyways, just adding this because its possible that your tv/monitor might have different HDMI modes similiar to mine

6. playinmyblues2

Unfortunately, my TV has only the one option for the HDMI.

I just tried the Debian Wheezy armHF version with worse results. There are only three icons on the Desktop and no menu bars accessible even off the borders of the screen.

Help! UDOO makers! Either I will have to get around to learning Linux better or wait to the fixes. Keep up the good work.

7. playinmyblues2

It looks like the Ubuntu version works well enough on a 46" HDTV. It would appear the problem has to do with the wrong dimensions on the screen size and the UDOO not picking up on the screen's dimensions.

8. playinmyblues2

The HDMI to DVI cable came today. Now I use an older style monitor and all the menus are available. I will still have to check from time to time if the HDTV resolution problem gets fixed.

9. delba

delba Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear that ;)