Latest kernel?

Discussion in 'Kernels' started by maara, Nov 6, 2013.

1. maara

maara Member

Any chance to compile the latest 3.12 kernel?
    I am currently on 3.0.35 which I compiled to contain the fix for getting rid of the constant load over 4 but no idea how merge the sources of the 3.12 kernel and compile the newest kernel... Is that possible? I never tried....

2. ekirei

ekirei Administrator

Great!! Could you please share your patch? Sorry but as of now Freescale only released source for 3.0.35....

3. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

4. 2xyo

2xyo New Member

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag New Member

Any more info on this? I tried debian, ubuntu, and arch and was pretty disappointed to see we're stuck at the 3.0 kernel. This is a problem, since it seems the 3.0 kernel doesn't support some USB devices I have, but newer kernels do. I own an odroid-U2 at the 3.7 kernel which supports my devices fine.

I also find it a little irritating how the uboot stuff is hidden. I'd like to tweak some of the boot settings but I'm not sure how, but I suppose that's a question for another day.

6. lhl

lhl New Member

7. dondaniki

dondaniki New Member

Hi folks!

Does Anyone know which tag/branch/BSP version was the udoo_unico kernel branched from?

I'm trying to merge the udoo_unico official kernel repository with linux-stable reporsitory, just to build a modern uImage (v3.10.y) for this board, but merge issues are raising constantly :(

8. dondaniki

dondaniki New Member

Hi folks,

after googling I've found this web:
    http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/Wa ... der:U-Boot

It is dedicated to wandboard explaining in detail how to build u-boot, kernel and several rf.

The thing is, after some tweaking, I've finally booted up udoo with a 3.13.0+ kernel , but ignoring the effects related to ARM subsystem ...