Has svn client been ported?

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by foxkid, Dec 15, 2013.

1. foxkid

foxkid New Member

I'm going through the steps now, but if it already exists it would save some time.
    -- Carl

2. foxkid

foxkid New Member

I'm not done yet -- lots of pieces need to be brought together, starting with subversion (and it's simple dependencies), then adding serf from Google, which requires openssl (which, although the openssl-1.0.0 in included with the distribution doesn't include the headers needed to build with).
    Never-the-less, this udoo/ARM-Linux is a pretty real platform that feels similar in maturity to the Slackware days with the 2.0.x Linux kernels.
    Clearly, good people have been doing good work.
    Assuming I get this working, any idea how to share it so other's don't need to redo this?

3. foxkid

foxkid New Member

apr, zlib, apu, serf, scons, openssl, not done yet.
    At lease the udoo distribution has gcc and py! Ah, for a package manager that handles dependencies... I'm sure, when done, someone will point out (with great sensitivity), that if I simply read the right document, I would have has a single shell command to do this. :)

4. mkopack

mkopack Member

Sudo apt-get Svn. (Or is it subversion, don't have the board in front of me right now) I would have thought would be all that was needed... That usually takes care of dependencies as well..

5. foxkid

foxkid New Member

Your reply was helpful, and showed me how rich the ecology was for the Linaro/ARM Linux environment.