A 3d printer firmware in C

Discussion in 'General Programming Discussion' started by iCONiAN, Dec 5, 2013.

1. iCONiAN

iCONiAN New Member

I'm trying to port SmoothieWare to UDOO using the Atmel Studio 6 (freeware).
    I want to rewrite it in C to have maximum control over performances.
    At the moment I've succesfully ported the code related the stepticker, stepper motors, pins and gpio being able to reach up to 25kstep/second over 12 motors in parallel. I'm only facing some problem in gpio mapping (it seems that pin names does not match arduino functions in UDOO_pinout_alternate_table.pdf) and using uart... Can someone help me? Cheers :)

2. firehopper

firehopper Member

I'll be watching this :) I want to build a delta printer myself. slowly buying all the parts I need.. I have a ramps-fd on the way right now along with some stepsticks and 3 cheap steppers for testing.

3. iCONiAN

iCONiAN New Member

Really?? Nobody can help me with the I/O and the serial?

4. Lifeboat_Jim

Lifeboat_Jim New Member

5. iCONiAN

iCONiAN New Member

Hi Lifeboat_jim, I've read that post but it refers to the i.MX6 side of the I/O management. What I need is help to understand if the official ATMEL mapping files for the SAM3X8E is coherent with the mapping indicated in the UDOO's alternate table: I'm probably doing something wrong but, for instance, trying to blink the PC2 pin with Atmel Studio 6 samples results in blinking the PIN34...